jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Church, and the hope for lack there of

1. GeneriqueMedia profile image60
    GeneriqueMediaposted 8 years ago

Recently I posted a hub about my beliefs. Not trying to outright get you to read anything, mind you, but I'll say this...

I am a very spiritual person, filled with love and light. I've lived the dark road, and I still am at times tempted by a lot of negative things. Wants, desires, getting back at others, etc., etc. But thankfully, I think I'm getting it down. And if I don't live up to my expectations everyday, I don't beat myself up for it. I learn and move on.

Church....how I loathe you. You are the scar on Religion's face. You make people idolize falsehoods, tell a group your own views of man's mistranslations.

Community and family...how much I love you.

Getting together with my friends, with my family, or even making someone smile at work. Building rapport with those around me. Making others think in a positive manner. Giving those a hug in need, tissues to blow their noses on, and sound advice if I have any to give.

We need not to listen to the empty words of a preist to know our Creator. We only need to follow the teachings of those before us who have stood in its light.

Sincerely,

G|M

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I think that is nice.  big_smile

1. earnestshub profile image88
        earnestshubposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I'm still with FSM

1. GeneriqueMedia profile image60
          GeneriqueMediaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

The FSM teaches us great things, dear sir. wink

2. GeneriqueMedia profile image60