jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (14 posts)

Doesn't a lightning rod on top of church show a lack of faith?

1. boyatdelhi profile image82
    boyatdelhiposted 7 years ago

Doesn't a lightning rod on top of church show a lack of faith?

2. profile image0
    David99999posted 7 years ago

Actually, I think that a lightening rod on any building makes sense.

3. xrocker30 profile image77
    xrocker30posted 7 years ago

All pastors and priests might as well jump off a cliff for fun. I mean they shouldn't be worried about dying because wouldn't that be showing a lack of faith?

Religious beliefs don't cause people to act stupid and not take the necessary precautions. At least not the common ones.

4. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

That's quite funny.  Lightning rods always remind me of Benjamin Franklin.  I saw a couple on some cell phone towers today.

The lightning rod was one of Ben's inventions he gave away for free.  Up to that time lightning was the #1 cause of barn fires.

Every time I see a church in ruins after an Earthquake I'm reminded that God doesn't give a crap about Earth.

5. BobbiRant profile image61
    BobbiRantposted 7 years ago

I think that question is too funny.  I never thought of it that way.  But when I stop to ponder it, yes it makes sense.

6. arb profile image81
    arbposted 7 years ago

Maybe it keeps the church pluged in to whats happening up above?

7. fundguru profile image61
    fundguruposted 7 years ago

I do not think so. God gave us a brain to think and knowledge to use. You also would go to a doctor if you are sick and so do priests, even the pope does. Furthermore read the bible completely. We shall serve God, not God shall serve us.

And even in the history of the Christian history you can see, that many people who only hoped in faith often died. Certainly they won by that a place in heaven, but they lost their place here on earth.

8. Chouji-Von-Lycan profile image58
    Chouji-Von-Lycanposted 7 years ago

i'm not sure if it's a lack of faith, but the irony of it all is hilarious smile

in my honest opinion, it probably does

9. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 7 years ago

Yes.  :-)

10. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

this is one of those questions that kind of makes a person wonder and chuckle.

11. Thesource profile image79
    Thesourceposted 7 years ago

Many years ago when I was in northern Alabama on a Sunday morning a tornado went by and struck a nearby Baptist Church. The roof collapsed and killed many Baptists inside the church. The neighboring buildings and those others who decided not to go to church were spared.

About a year ago a large Methodist Church ,a major landmark in Louisiana, lost its massive steeple, when a tornado hit the church. No other damages nearby. It has not be replaced.

Some may call it "act of God", if so, why these Churches and not its non-religious neighbors. Christian fundamentals are quick to condemn other calamities to "God's wrath" because of homosexuality, sin, abortion and so forth. What do you think is happening?

12. coolbreeze profile image49
    coolbreezeposted 7 years ago

Ha ha Great question! Churches have nothing to do with faith. Its probably in the building codes ;-)

13. mcrawford76 profile image83
    mcrawford76posted 7 years ago

I think it's more a question of safety and science. Funny question though.

14. Christian H. profile image70
    Christian H.posted 7 years ago

Not at all.  It just shows a lack of stupidity.  Might as well ask why churches stock fire extinguishers, or why it's a good idea for righteous people to have some savings.

Bad things happen to good people, and that's just one of the things that happens in the world.