God Is Not Finished With The Jewish People Yet?

1. ngureco profile image82
    ngurecoposted 8 years ago

God Is Not Finished With The Jewish People Yet?

The Jews Are God’s Chosen People. Might This Be The Reason Other People Feel Challenged By The Jews?

2. writesketchbead profile image61
    writesketchbeadposted 8 years ago

I think the real reason people feel challenged by the Jews is because they represent us. I once had a pastor tell me that we can not use the old testement to argue our faith becouse it is before Christ and we are followers of Paul. I felt sorry for him. One of the reasons I felt sorry for him is because to ignore all the history of the Jews and God's devotion to them takes a wealth of understanding of how we ourselves react to God. The story of the Jews and their continueing history show us how even with God showing us his power- we neglect him. All have sinned... The Jews remind us of that becouse God utilized them as an example of all people. You almost have to be a Jew to be a Christian. If you do not believe in all that God put before the Jewish people then you can not truely understand Christ's sacrifice. The chosen people are those who believe. The Jews were the first to believe. Their stubborness and failures are the bare bones of our humanity. We all behave the way they did and do. One moment we shout the praises while he parts the waters. The next we create an idol out of our Paster, our country, our job, our family... You get the point. Most people do not like a mirror that shows the beauty and darkness. So we want to destroy the mirror.

3. fishmox profile image54
    fishmoxposted 8 years ago

he's done with them contrary to what John Hagee may be convulsing about in his pulpit.
    He's done with the Jews, as a nation.
    He still has His people among them, though.
    Paul said: They are not all Israel, who are of Israel.

Just like 20 members of a "Born Again" or Baptist church may call themselves Christians, be known to the community as Christians, and identify with Christ, but to a few of them, or maybe a majority of them, Christ will profess:  I never knew you.