jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Why do many people avoid power, wealth, and freedom?

1. dhuett profile image59
    dhuettposted 8 years ago

Why do many people avoid power, wealth, and freedom?

1) Power is the ability to act upon and influence yourself, others, and your surroundings. Many people tend to procrastinate. They don't act on what's important. If a habit needs to be formed or broken, it isn't. If something must be done, fear makes us freeze like a deer caught in the oncoming headlights. 

2) There are countless ways to build wealth, but many people turn a blind eye to wealth opting to build debt instead.

3) If you are shackled to a job you don't like, debt, or expectations from others who want to mold you into something you aren't, then you aren't really free, are you?

2. thranax profile image53
    thranaxposted 8 years ago

Becoming in a leadership status is a lot of pressure. In order to take these positions you must be ready to put yourself in danger (assassination) and also your family lives change. Your kids cant be free from risk of abduction, your wife cant go shopping and be sociable without bodyguards. Be ready to never mess up as you will be stocked by the press and other news people for everything you do.

Are you ready for the fame of forced power on a bunch of people who hate change?

3. profile image41
    rpholtdeposted 8 years ago

I like your answer!!!!  I found you through the SHEALY hub...and am assisting her with a workshop to address just the type of people who are "stuck" as you outlined above!  I know...I was one of them.  The methods she teaches were life changing for me.  You and she are both right in that it is all about aligning ones energy...finding ones authentic self...and then moving towards the wealth, freedom and power that will come as a result.
    For the first time in my life I find myself physically going out and encouraging people to attend her workshop...something I have never done before.  But I so passionately believe that her methodology changes the lives of those as you described.  Whether it is being in her presence, listening to her words...or just following her directives...it works!!
    What kinds of things are you working on?
    There is a special energy out there that we all need to connect with...

4. HOOWANTSTONO profile image58
    HOOWANTSTONOposted 8 years ago

All the think and Grow rich stuff is a con and souped up version of vain philosophy. There is only one true wealth and it is not money, or belongings, and outward appearance.

5. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 8 years ago

The main reason for people to avoid power, wealth and freedom? Is to understand that most people do not possess the knowledge, in the first place, to obtain power, wealth or freedom that comes with it.

Why don't they have the knowledge? Well, it is because they weren't aware of the best way to live their life, within America's society.

That particular knowledge has been kept out of the hands and minds of those who don't know any better.

Kind of like the grip "religion" has on humanity. The knowledge(truth) is always hidden away from the people, so better control can be obtained over the masses of people who don't know any better.

6. profile image0
    Denno66posted 8 years ago

What's wrong with the simple 'pursuit of Happiness'? All of the above-listed wants usually come with a hefty price tag.

7. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 7 years ago

actually I don't think that people avoid those things at all, they just have different definitions for them.  "We create our "world" we live in"....ciao

Vonda G. Nelson