Do you believe in Fate or do you think people can change their Destiny?

1. Lady_E profile image73
    Lady_Eposted 8 years ago

Do you believe in Fate or do you think people can change their Destiny?

2. pippap profile image86
    pippapposted 8 years ago

I do not believe in Fate.  I believe each of us holds the key to our own destiny.  Every day we make hundreds of choices and I think the quality of those decisions is, by and large, the determiner of our destinies.  While each of us occasionally has to deal with issues and setbacks that are not of our own doing, how we rebound from these situations is in our own hands; and, our resulting attitudes are determined by ourselves and ourselves alone.

We can allow other people to influence us; but, ultimately, we must stand responsible for our actions and attitudes.  If you chose to see the good around you, usually good things are drawn to you.

If your fate was already predetermined, there would be no need for choices - you would just follow your predetermined path in life.

3. profile image0
    VeronicaInspiresposted 5 years ago

To me, destiny implies that you've let God control your life and what he wants to do with and through you. Destiny is the result of you being spirit-led.

Oppositely, fate, is when you're not being spirit-led and you're succumbing to whatever life throws your way.

When you operate on fate, you have no control; God has no control.

You have control over your destiny to the extent that you can choose to follow your way or God's way.

working