How Do I Identify The True Christ Church From Satan (False) Church?

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (21 posts)
  1. ngureco profile image79
    ngurecoposted 14 years ago

How Do I Identify The True Christ Church From Satan (False) Church?

2. HOOWANTSTONO profile image60
    HOOWANTSTONOposted 14 years ago

1Jo:4:2: Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

1Jo:4:3: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

3. Sanctus Vesania profile image59
    Sanctus Vesaniaposted 14 years ago

1 John 2:22

Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

4. seyiari profile image60
    seyiariposted 14 years ago

the bible says by their fruit you shall know them.any church that preaches anything that you can find in scripture is not a true christ church.

5. Silver Poet profile image71
    Silver Poetposted 14 years ago

The church is made up of individuals.  If an entire church seems to be on the wrong track, yet there may be individuals within it who are not following what the main group teaches.  There are also individuals within good churches who are individually on the wrong track.

There is no cut and dried answer to this in my opinion, because it is impossible to see what's really in a person's heart.  It is also impossible to view their whole history and to tell if where they are is closer to right than where they were a year ago, or whether they have slipped backward and regressed.

Not taking a drink is a good step for a recovering alcoholic.  Suppose, however, that someone who never took a drink boasts of not having taken any alcohol that day--it would seem ridiculous to call it progress when it is something already mastered.  We must view where we are from the vantage point of where we have been and determine where we are aiming to go, for the old saying holds true: if you aim at nothing, you're sure to hit it.

6. retellect profile image71
    retellectposted 14 years ago

If you decide to visit a particular Church, look out for a big picture or statue of the Devil or what they perceive as the devil.

If you find that during prayers they seem to hail satan or pray directly to him, then you will have enough confirmation to know that is is a Satan or False chruch!

7. hrowdy profile image59
    hrowdyposted 14 years ago

"...the churches of Christ salute you..." (Romans 16:16)

"Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false propehts are gone out into the word....We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error." (1 John 4:1,6)

The identity is to be found by whether they accept words of scripture (the "we" and "us" in the above verse is a reference to the apostles and what they taught).

Ask these questions, if the answer is not the words of the apostles, the New Testament of Jesus Christ, they are not Christ's church:
    1. What is there authority?
    2. Do they have a creed they follow?
    3. What source gives them their organization and practice?

They are not Christ's church, if you cannot read of:
    1. Their name in the Bible.
    2. Their doctrine in the Bible.
    3. Their work in the Bible.
    4. Their worship in the Bible.
    5. Their organization in the Bible.

For more information, go to www.321BibleStudy.net.

8. profile image51
    eryderposted 14 years ago

It's funny to see people quote scripture to explain what Christ's church is, considering that there was a meeting of men long after Christ died at which those men, those mortal and fallible men, decided what gospels were to be included in the new testament and which would be excluded.  Things like the gospel according to Joseph and that according to Mary.  Essentially, the new testament is an anthology of books about Christ and the church that were written by men after the fact.  Then other men decided what the gospel would be and what it wouldn't be.  So God's word, if taken from the new testament, is actually what a group of men decided God's word should be.

So "Christ's Church" may have actually been lost long ago.  I'd be willing to bet that you won't be able to find the actual word of God being taught.

9. profile image49
    heriparkerposted 14 years ago

A true Christian church is bible based and believes Jesus Christ is the Son of God, was born on this earth, and died on the cross for our sins.  This is what a true Christian church believes (minus several details I left out).  It is very simple.

10. william_simpson profile image61
    william_simpsonposted 14 years ago

The teaching of Biblical doctrine is the only true Christian church. Exponential teaching, book by book, chapter by chapter, verse by verse is the basis of you determining whether the church is truly Christ centered.
    If Jesus Christ and His work of salvation is not the focus of the message, then what is being said is not the Gospel. The message of the Gospel is to lead people to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ, not how to live your best life now.

11. covenantguy profile image67
    covenantguyposted 14 years ago

By doctrine and by Spirit.  The Bible says clearly in many places that any church that presents any gospel other than the gospel Jesus and Paul preached is "anathema" (have nothing to do with it).  Jesus said those who were of the truth listen to the truth.  If they don't bring the word of God but preach another word, "Another gospel", they are effectively presenting "another Christ" e.g the Santa Claus-type Jesus that is preached from many pulpits, who loves and condones sin but never judges;there is clearly in the Bible "a just judge" (God) as well as a Saviour.  If you have the Holy Spirit you should be able to discern but there are 3 coordinates of truth in the Bible: Jesus (He said "I am the truth"; the Holy Spirit-which leads you into all truth; and the Word of God which is inerrant.

12. websites profile image59
    websitesposted 14 years ago

I can say I am an Apple tree, but if I produce Oranges, what am I? So, am I "what I say I am" or is the real truth contained in the fruit I produce? Since the days of Martin Luther multitudes have been birthed into the kingdom he built, a simple belief that "confession is possession" is all that is required to become a member of Luther's kingdom. There is no room in Lucifers kingdom for many sayings contained in the Word of God, such sayings as:

Luk 6:43-49  For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes. A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh. And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say? Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like: He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock. But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.   

Or this saying:

Gal 6:7-8  Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

The true Christian is born of the seed of God. Why are so many willing to accept that the seed of an Apple can only produce Apples, yet when it comes to the seed of God they have a totally different opinion?

13. Jesus1st profile image60
    Jesus1stposted 14 years ago

I see that your question was posted 2 weeks ago, so I hope that what I have to offer will help you.

First of all, "the church" is not found in the buildings that services are held in. These, in the Old Testament, were referred to as the Tabernacle. The church is the Body of Christ. You, me, and all believers are the Body of Christ, the church!

Look at what we read in Colossians 1:18 & 24. "And He is the head of the body, the church; He is the beginning and the firstborn among the dead, so that in everything He might have the supremacy. 24. Now I rejoice in what was suffered for you, and I fill up in my flesh what is still lacking in regard to Christ's afflictions, for the sake of His Body, which is the church."

The first understanding that one must have about your question is that "God is Spirit, and those who worship Him, must worship in Spirit and in truth." John 4:24. So the true Church of Christ in no way poses a choice for the true believer! If you worship God in spirit you'll have no problem identifying the difference. He is "not" in that building when "you" are not there! When you come, the church comes!

The concept of a false church could be misleading since there is only "one" church, which is the Body of Christ! Anything that does not worship God in spirit, and in truth, are just playing games with Him. These are whom He refers to in Revelation 3:16 as "lukewarm!"

Worshipping God in Spirit completely eliminates Satan's claim to anything of God, including the Body of Christ. The problem stems from the fact that so many Christians have no clue about how God "must" be worshipped! They missed John 4:24.

I pray that this helps!

Dr. Russell O. David, Jr.

14. profile image50
    bible studyposted 14 years ago

This is just a quick note for the dear Dr. who made the comment that the Church is not a physical building. There are no less than 36 verses in the New Testament that declare that there are in fact many Churches, plural not singular. Since we know that there is but one body, these verses refer to the physical buildings or Churches. I am old enough to remember when this new doctrine came into the Church stating that the physical building was not the Church, the intended impact of this new doctrine was the enemies attempt to draw Christians away from their communion with one another by trying to destroy the importance of the physical building, sadly it did have an impact. I remember when after this new doctrine began to spread, many left the Churches and their most heard comment for an excuse was, "That building is not the Church, the members are the Church. In closing; the following verses, and there are many more, clearly state that the Churches are plural not singular.

Act 9:31
    Act 15:41
    Act 16:5
    Act 19:37
    Rom 16:4
    Rom 16:16
    1Co 7:17
    1Co 11:16
    1Co 14:33
    1Co 14:34
    1Co 16:1
    1Co 16:19
    2Co 8:1
    2Co 8:18

15. macbeth25 profile image60
    macbeth25posted 14 years ago

When I was much younger (much, much), I was a Catholic.  An old priest (about as old as I am now --- ancient, in other words) saw I was uncomfortable.  He told me that he believed it made no difference what faith I professed (Methodist, Lutheran, Baptist, etc.,) as long as I lived what I preached.  "There are many roads to the top of the mountain but the view from there is the same," he said -- quoting, I believe, Confucius. He also said "If you're a hypocrite, may you be damned to Hell."  I was required to become a Lutheran in order to marry my wife (now of 46 years) and had to take classes.  The minister was surprised at my "great" knowledge of the Lutheran church and asked me about it.  "Reverend," I replied, "Martin Luther was a Catholic Priest."  "I forgot about that," he replied.  I believe there is no "one road," nor "one church nor one bible," just as I believe that we may find Robert Kennedy was correct.  I no longer attend regular church for a variety of reasons, none of which I will discuss.  I believe in God and pray often.  I sometimes just "talk," not that I ever have heard Him speak in response.  I do believe, however, that He's helped with ideas and I am very grateful.  I never intentionally seek to impose my version of faith on anyone else and will not think kindly of anyone who seeks to impose their version on me.  After all, I should be the only one to answer for my mistakes, if, indeed, I am making one.  Irish Blessings Upon You All.  May Your Enemies Be Afflicted With Itching Without the Benefit of Scratching.

16. AdsenseStrategies profile image63
    AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years ago

Simple, if people are nasty, backbiting and judgmental, you're in the wrong place. If, on the other hand, you are surrounded by people trying to help the sick, poor, and helpless, just as Jesus is portrayed as doing in the Gospels, you're probably doing ok.

In other words, follow the precept:"Ye shall know them by their fruits."

17. Routledge profile image72
    Routledgeposted 14 years ago

Find a Church with all of these. smile

17 Points of the True Church of Christ
    Christ organized the Church (Eph 4:11-14)
    The true church must bear the name of Jesus Christ (Eph 5:23)
    The true church must have a foundation of Apostles and Prophets (Eph 2:19-20)
    The true church must have the same organization as Christ's Church (Eph 4:11-14)
    The true church must claim divine authority (Heb 5:4-10)
    The true church must have no paid ministry (1 Cor 9:16-18; Acts 20:33-34; John 10:11-13)
    The true church must baptise by immersion (Matt 3:13-16)
    The true church must bestow the gift of the Holy Ghost by the laying on of hands (Acts 8:14-17)
    The true church must practice divine healing (Mark 3:14-15)
    The true church must teach that God and Jesus are seperate and distinct individuals (John 17:11; 20:17)
    The true church must teach that God and Jesus have bodies of flesh and bone (Luke 23:36-39; Acts 1:9-11; Heb 1:1-3)
    The officers must be called by God (Heb 4:4; Ex 28:1; 40:13-16)
    The true church must claim revelation from God (Amos 3:7)
    The true church must be a missionary church (Matt 28:19-20)
    The true church must be a restored church (Acts 3:19-20)
    The true church must practice baptism for the dead (1Cor 15:16&29)
    "By their fruits ye shall know them." (Matt 7:20)

18. grayknight profile image61
    grayknightposted 14 years ago

The Apostles did not have the power or authority to work or speak in the name of God until Christ gave it to them.

Likewise, anyone who claims to be a servant of God without having apostolic authority is a charlatan.

Naturally, just because a church claims to have apostolic authority, that doesn't mean it actually has apostolic authority.  But if a church admits that it does not, that is a clear sign that said church is not Christ's church.

That leaves only two possibilities: The Roman Catholic Church and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  Both of these churches claim authority originating from Christ in an unbroken line.  If neither of these churches is Christ's church, then it isn't on the Earth.  If one is Christ's church, then the other is not.

19. mjane24 profile image60
    mjane24posted 13 years ago

you will know them by their doctrine,that who preach another Jesus he is aliar and the truth is not in him....2john1:9,10,11

20. Dian'swords4u profile image60
    Dian'swords4uposted 13 years ago

If you enter a church and they are not teaching the teachings of the Bible, then you have gone to a church that you should not be in.  Satan can take on many forms.  Do not be fooled.  The devil can come as a wolf in sheep's clothing to try and confuse you.  If you have any doubt, then immediately turn and walk out.  There are many facits of so called religion in our world today.  Don't be fooled.  They should pray to God and worship God and teach from the Bible, which is God;s holy, inherant word given by him for us.

21. Torch Harrison profile image70
    Torch Harrisonposted 13 years ago

Well, that's pretty simple.  Look for the biggest, most popular denominations or churches, and run from it!!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)