jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Why send the "One" whom He loved to death?

1. bstiltner77 profile image73
    bstiltner77posted 8 years ago

Why send the "One" whom He loved to death?

It is easy in a world of so much pain and tribulation to ask "Why". Why would God our creator who is omnipotent (All Powerful) omniscient (All Knowing) and Omni-present (Everywhere present) allow those whom He has created to go through the pain of sickness and death? However, viewing life from such a temporal point of view will always lead to futility; on the contrary, when we view life from an eternal perspective we can begin to more fully understand the "Big Picture" of life. Why would He sacrifice His only Son for us, a sinful and rebellious people?

2. Sunny River profile image59
    Sunny Riverposted 8 years ago

It's the beauty of his love. The word for it is "agape". It is a perfect and holy love that we as humans can never achieve, but it's how God sees us.
    "For God so LOVED (agape) the world..." (John 3:16)
    As humans, we could never take God's place because we are sinful and, I don't know about you, but I know I would have just struck down the people of Israel after the second or third time they screwed up and gone "Well let's try again." and started over. The fact that He didn't do that and still continues to love and watch over us baffles my mind, but makes me all the more thankful for His love, though I know I will never be worthy of it or be able to return it as completely as He gives it.

3. seyiari profile image58
    seyiariposted 8 years ago

i think the answers your question correctly in the book of John 3: 16 { for God so love the world that He gave his only son that who so beleive in him will not perish but have everlasting life}

4. A M Werner profile image60
    A M Wernerposted 8 years ago

Biblical love is charity, and charity is giving what is needed without expecting anything back in return.  As seyiari said, simply believing He is, is more important than anything we can ever do and accomplish in this life.  The Lord set the example for us to follow.  Give what is needed, when it is needed - sacrifice with belief in resurrection is not sacrifice at all, only a temporary separation.

5. C.V.Rajan profile image77
    C.V.Rajanposted 8 years ago

Jesus as a son of God has to be understood in a bigger picture. I have tried to esplain it from the perspective of Hinduism in this hub:

http://hubpages.com/hub/If-Jesus-is-tru … can-he-die

C.V.R

6. HOOWANTSTONO profile image59
    HOOWANTSTONOposted 8 years ago

BIG picture is this from Gods sons mouth

Mat 10:32  Whosoever therefore shall confess me (Jesus Christ) before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

Mat 10:33  But whosoever shall deny me (Jesus Christ) before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

All religions deny Christ before God so rather follow Jesus Christ toss your religion out.

7. Van Lal Hmangaih profile image79
    Van Lal Hmangaihposted 6 years ago

In order that we may have eternal life by believing in Jesus and together with Him forever ..

working