jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Is having a Quiet Time for yourself important?

1. Lady_E profile image74
    Lady_Eposted 8 years ago

Is having a Quiet Time for yourself important?

Do you ever have any Quiet Time for yourself?  I don’t mean with hobbies.  I mean a time in the day, when you are alone and don’t do anything. (Maybe for 30 minutes/1hour).

Ps. Couldn't find appropriate category for this Q, so have posted it in Religion.

2. patmanutah profile image54
    patmanutahposted 8 years ago

YES!  Whether you are single or married, work at home or in a "normal" office, you just need to unwind and get away.  As a father and husband, my responsibilities are great, but I have my days where I need to just unwind, unplug, and veg for a bit.  There are so many physical ailments that can be directly related to long-term stress, so it's not only a good way to feel emotionally better, but you can actually feel physically better!

3. floating mind profile image78
    floating mindposted 8 years ago

Yes, but it is not really a quiet time!  I do like to have time for myself, to myself.  But I really do not want it to be a real Quiet Time!  When I do have my quiet times, I prefer to listen to the sounds of nature.  So I like sitting in a park and watching nature.  However, most of the time, there are other people in the area.  It is time for me, all to myself; but not a real quiet time in the sense of the word.

4. DJ Chinita profile image58
    DJ Chinitaposted 8 years ago

YES!!! For me I enjoy a break from the hustle and grind of everybody and everything. I go for a hike with my dogs or read a book. Sometimes I'll just veg-out or shut off all electronic devices and act like no-one's home. But, I do at least give myself an hour a day! It keeps me sane!(lol)

5. GNelson profile image79
    GNelsonposted 8 years ago

Yes, it gives you time to reflect, time to write or think or draw uninterrupted.  Turn off the cell and relax and enjoy yourself.  Let it flow!  Beaches are great for this.

6. andromida profile image59
    andromidaposted 8 years ago

Staying some quite time might help to breath the mind. Because after a busy day or in the middle of the day mind need some time to go back to it equilibrium state so as it can be more productive.

7. Lady Rose profile image74
    Lady Roseposted 7 years ago

I do. Almost an hour of quiet time, meditation, prayer, etc. daily. Otherwise i cannot survive the day. IT is very important to do so. Even if you just have a little nap.

8. Jay Louidor profile image60
    Jay Louidorposted 7 years ago

Extremely, I can't remember a day where I didn't take time out to reflect on what took place that day.

9. MeonlyoneIcanBe profile image54
    MeonlyoneIcanBeposted 7 years ago

Yes, Definitely. Even if it's 10 minutes basking in the sunlight on the hammock in your backyard or just watching people go past your block while you sit on your fire escape or balcony - quiet time is essential time smile

10. iviskei profile image75
    iviskeiposted 6 years ago

YES! I'm not the most sociable bug in the world, and if I spend too much time with people, I get super grumpy. So alone time everyday is crucial for me.