jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

What kind of firearm would Jesus want his followers to have?

1. Hi-Jinks profile image61
    Hi-Jinksposted 8 years ago

What kind of firearm would Jesus want his followers to have?

I don't know why, but increasing number of so-call Christian Churches have stock-piles of weapons ready for the End-days or other?

2. Presigo profile image57
    Presigoposted 8 years ago

The correlation between some churches and Jesus' desire for guns is unrelated. Jesus would not want firearms for His people, i.e. At the beginning of His passion He told Peter to put down his sword when the soldiers came for Jesus

3. mintinfo profile image76
    mintinfoposted 8 years ago

I wish the ultra right wingers would step up and answer this one. It is puzzling how gun advocates are the most religious. Muslims, Christians, Jews, anyone? I think he would want a M21 or better. Armageddon will be bloody, don't miss it.

4. pippap profile image86
    pippapposted 8 years ago

Jesus would not want His followers to carry any kind of weapon, let alone a firearm.  His message was peace not war.  As Presigo points out - At a time when Jesus could have escaped persecution if he had allowed Peter to fight for him, he chose instead to have Peter lay down his sword.

5. Zulfiquar Ahmed profile image60
    Zulfiquar Ahmedposted 8 years ago

Jesus Christ (Peace be upon Him)like all other prophets never encouraged people to the blood shed or war. They all had one common message to believe in one God and establish peace in this world. What people around us are doing to harm each other in the name of peace can never be categorized as followers of any religion.

6. thesecondadvent profile image57
    thesecondadventposted 8 years ago

My Dear Sweet Friends,

As a Christian we fully expect to be killed by a "Christian" who wouldest think that they art doing God's work.  This is indicative of how well AnitChrist hast infitrated the church.   

Jesus the Christ, and the Second Advent of Christ is totally about PEACE!   The only thing that mightest be considered a weapon, though it actually is a simple tool, is the tongue which the mouth use to reject hatred. 

No firearms for the Christ nor the followers of Christ.  The firearms art for AntiChrist's followers, those who come to kill and destroy the lives of Loved ones.

7. HOOWANTSTONO profile image59
    HOOWANTSTONOposted 8 years ago

We all know that there were no Guns in the days when Jesus was on earth, but he did say this

Lu:22:36: Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

A sword is equivalent to a gun

Greek ....machaira  ....sword

8. RevLady profile image60
    RevLadyposted 8 years ago

Christians have no need for physical weapons of any kind "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."

Our war is spiritual and we prepare ourselves for battle by putting on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints. Ephesians 6:11-18

9. selahangel profile image58
    selahangelposted 8 years ago

Why would you need a gun when you have the Power of Jesus Name and can cast down any principality of darkness with it, can move mountains and strike fear into the devil with it?

Angel

10. lilmnstr profile image62
    lilmnstrposted 8 years ago

So you would allow someone to harm your family in front of you and instead of fighting you would pray? I am assuming that Jesus would include fists as a weapon of violence.

11. Lady Rose profile image74
    Lady Roseposted 7 years ago

The weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty thru God to the tearing down of stronholds.
    We are to fight in the Spirit.
    Jesus told Peter (when he took his sword and cut the soldierĀ“s ear off) to put away the sword, for they that live by the sword shall die by the sword. And he fixed the guys ear.
    I think some Christians are aware of the increasing animosity towards them and want to be prepared to defend their families if needed. But this is a personal choice, like anyone else Christian or not, can do.

working