jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you feel you are living an enlightened life?

1. Light and Love profile image57
    Light and Loveposted 8 years ago

Do you feel you are living an enlightened life?

How do you know, and what's YOUR story of how you got to where you are?

2. HOOWANTSTONO profile image60
    HOOWANTSTONOposted 8 years ago

Yes I am living in this area, but I would not describe it as enlightened, as enlightened is a self glorifying mind set.
    I would rather describe it as " The Light leads me" and causes me to do things that I normally would not have thought to do.

How I got there is very simple and free of preassure

Joh:8:12: Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Joh:9:5: As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.

Lu:11:34: The light of the body is the eye: therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light; but when thine eye is evil, thy body also is full of darkness.

Lu:11:35: Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee be not darkness.

3. Light and Love profile image57
    Light and Loveposted 8 years ago

I can certainly understand the reluctance to admit to such a self glorifying description, however I'm pleased that you responded just the same.  I am merely curious how many others have similar understanding in what I would consider the 'true' reality of this lifetime.  I thought the word enlightened may draw out such people, and I believe it has, and will continue to, assuming there are others who fit the description.

Thank you for sharing this with me.  I believe the bible is an excellent source to finding ones way to the life they were meant to live.  I do not know it well enough to share the work within it word by word as you do.  Still, I have gained knowledge in my spirituality only I've gained it by other means.  While I have much clarity at this point, I know there is always more to learn.

Thank you again, and God Bless.

4. thesecondadvent profile image59
    thesecondadventposted 8 years ago

My Dear Sweet Friends,

While in prison, in 1978, after nearly three years there, we finally understood the spiritual significance of our crime against one woman, which was rape.  For nearly a week we cried asking God's forgiveness and wishing to make amends.  This lead unto our repentance. 

We told God that we wouldest go into whatsoever direction that He wouldest lead us, and that we wouldest never ever hate anyone again in life.  Slowly, over a few years, God taught us to Love everyone, everyday, in everyway.  He lead us to study continually, not just the Holy Bible, but whatsoever book of His wisdom that came unto us.

We were than lead to understand the suffering of all the world, and why God desire His Holy Kingdom of Love to be established upon all the Earth. And, that lead unto our work, our part in assisting in the establishment of that Kingdom upon Earth.  God showed us that we wouldest be hated, reviled, persecuted, and most likely suffer a cruel death.  But, this was in order that we shouldest be His Son, and receive eternal life upon Earth. 

We accepted everything God offered unto us, and now we know that God is every assisting, guiding, and directing our life in preparation for our final work in assisting in the establishment of that Kingdom upon all the Earth. 

We know that in calling for all things to be free equally unto all mankind, and the elimination and burning of all mediums of exchange, (gods) wouldest make some so angry that they wouldest torture us unto death.  We accept this, for our Love is for all mankind, thus is our life enlightened of God.

Closed to reply

working