Should we do away with the old testament and just follow the new testament; afte

1. AngleD47 profile image52
    AngleD47posted 8 years ago

Should we do away with the old testament and just follow the new testament; after christ death?

2. Jisblessed profile image79
    Jisblessedposted 8 years ago

No, we can't do away with the Old Testament for many reasons. Some reasons are: because it's a witness for the New Testament concerning Jesus Christ being the Messiah; the son of God. Jesus didn't come to condem the law but to fulfill the law. And He added, I would say to keep it simple, to the Old Testament Grace!!!! Thanks be to God! The law kills but grace pardons and give other chances. When asked how often shall I forgive my brother; Jesus answered unto 7 times 70 in one day. And we no longer have to sacrifice animals or go to a Priest to get forgiveness for sin. We go to God through Jesus now. We ask God to forgive our sins in Jesus Name and with commuion.

There are many additions of grace and mercy that came in the New Testament that would have killed under the old testament but the commandments never change on how we ought to live. We now have an upgrade to the Old Testament K.I.S. S.

I hope this helps. Be Blessed

3. profile image0
    cestyposted 8 years ago

According to what is written in the New Testament, no.  For Paul said the following,

"All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work." (2 Timothy 3:16-17 NKJV)

Note:  Paul was referring to the Old Testament, which was otherwise known as the Scriptures (see Mark 14:49; Matthew 26:54; Luke 24:45). 

Now then, if Paul (the man who wrote most of the NT) saw the Old Testament as being profitable for all of the things that he had mentioned above, then why would any Christian want to discard it?

Closed to reply