jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

when u claims that God is one so how can u say jesus is his son?

1. errum fattah profile image55
    errum fattahposted 8 years ago

when u claims that God is one so how can u say jesus is his son?

all religions says that God is one but some people had claimed his prophets as his son..dont u think this is the insult of God?

2. affishv profile image72
    affishvposted 8 years ago

Because Jesus was born of the spirit and not of flesh. Even muslims and christians agree to this. If he was born of Joseph, you can claim he is a son of man. But he was born of the spirit of God and therefore, God is his father and he is the son of god.

No other person recorded in any of the holy books, has the birth like that of Jesus !!

3. maheshpatwal profile image73
    maheshpatwalposted 8 years ago

It does not matter to me whos the creator of the earth and who's  his incarnation.......... i belive in supreme power you can call him/her by any name jesus,allah or ram..........

4. profile image0
    JeanMeriamposted 8 years ago

I am by far not a theologian and even took three attempts to spell it,lol. My knowledge of the matter though... God and Jesus are one and yet Jesus the son of God in this manner... God is Spirit. Jesus came to Earth through physical birth through Mary. The physical human body of Jesus Christ held within it the Holy Spirit of God. Jesus, to Christians, is the complete embodiment of the Spirit of God and yet was a human son of God because of His birth through Mary, which makes Jesus both human and God. And while yes, we are all created in the image and likeness of God and also containing the Spirit of God who is our Father (Creator) we are imperfect due to original sin. Jesus however was not tainted by original sin which made him the embodiment of the Holy Spirit of God, as in there was no sin within him as there is within the rest of us.

We are able to follow Jesus as Lord as Jesus is in complete synchronization with God being God Himself within a human body. This is the meaning of the Christian trinity. God is the creator, God is the Holy Spirit which dwells within everything, Jesus is God (Spirit and Creator) embodied, the spirit of the force which created us come to us in human form to teach us. 

In Christianity, Jesus is not as one of the prophets which is why we do not believe this is an insult to God. The prophets were mere mortal men filled with the Spirit for a brief time to prophesy, but being mortal they were also filled with the spirit of sin like the rest of us.  In Jesus there was no sin, He was the complete embodiment of ONLY the Holy Spirit, not the sinfulness that engulfs the rest of humanity.

If you are truly interested you could read the Catechism of the Catholic Church.

Closed to reply