Holy Ghost does not exist

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (48 posts)
  1. thirdmillenium profile image60
    thirdmilleniumposted 13 years ago

This is not a repetition nor scam.

My previous argument on the topic could not be augmented in time and so I am putting it up as a separate topic.

Mr. Dave Mathews has misunderstood that I was hiding behind some esoteric argument.

So here goes the explanation

Thanks

------------------------------------------------------------------

To Us There is but One God, the Father...”
    1 Corinthians 8:6

In the end times in which we are living, light is being shed on the many mysteries of doctrine conceived in the dark ages of Christian history. One of these mysteries is the doctrine of the trinity. Now, in this age of enlightenment, thousands of faithful believers in Christ are beginning to doubt this doctrine that claims that Jesus is his own heavenly Father–Jehovah. Often, they secretly question this doctrine, but maintain their silence for fear of being labeled a heretic. Indeed, most Christian churches claim that belief in the trinity is essential to being a Christian, and leave no room for dialog and certainly no opportunity for impartial investigation on this topic.
    But, God Himself invites us to reason when He says, “Come now, and  let us reason together.” (Isaiah 1:18) The Apostle Paul commended the Jews of Berea for their diligent search of the Scriptures to be sure that what they were being taught was indeed truth. Thus, their faith was well established and they quickly accepted Christ. (Acts 17:11) Paul urged Timothy: “Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” 2 Timothy 2:15
    It is with this scriptural principle that all Christians should be encouraged to examine their church creeds to be certain that they are honoring God by what they believe. If there is doubt on any subject, there is need for study. Then, after thorough examination, “let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind” without fear of persecution. Romans 14:5

“Hear, O Israel: The LORD Our God is One LORD.” Deuteronomy 6:4

To both the Prophets and the Apostles, God revealed Himself in the Bible as having no equal, and always existing. “Before Me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after Me. I, even I, am the LORD.” (Isaiah 43:10, 11) His name in Hebrew is YHVH (Jehovah or Yaweh), and He is addressed throughout the Scriptures as Heavenly Father, God, or LORD. For 4,000 years those who were His people had no indication that He was anything other than the single, unitary, supreme God that He declared Himself to be.
    In His wisdom, the one true God promised the prophets of old that, in due time, He would send forth a savior to redeem the lost world of mankind. God would anoint this servant as His representative with power and authority. The Jews lived in constant anticipation of this Messiah (Hebrew) or Christ (Greek) -- both meaning anointed. “God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, hath in these last days spoken unto us by His Son...” (Heb.1:1-2) God anointed Jesus as His prophet–His servant. Moses told Israel “The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken.” (Deuteronomy 18:15) Prophetically, Isaiah said “Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delights; I have put my spirit upon him.” Isaiah 42:1

“My Beloved Son, in Whom I am Well Pleased.”
    Matthew 3:17
    This anointed prophet and servant was God’s “only begotten Son,” Jesus Christ the righteous. “When the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth His Son, made of a woman...” (Galatians 4:4) The Scriptures declare that the Father had no beginning. Jesus Christ is repeatedly spoken of as being brought into existence. Tertullian, writing in the second century, said, “There was a time when the Son did not exist.” (Early Church Fathers, page 21) How else could the Bible declare that Jesus was “...the firstborn of every creature...” and “the beginning of the creation of God.” Colossians 1:15; Revelation 3:14
    Jesus desired that his disciples should understand who he was and why he came. He asked them, “whom say ye that I am?” The Apostle Peter answered Jesus’ question “Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.” Jesus then declared that upon this rock–-this foundational truth that he was the promised Messiah and Son of God–he would build his church. Matthew 16:15-18
    Jesus had a mission to accomplish as God’s anointed one, and the entire theme of the Bible states that mission: “For I came down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of Him that sent me... And this is the will of Him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on hi­m, may have everlasting life...” (John 6:38, 40) Here we see that God is the author, and Jesus is the honored executor of the Father’s plans.
    Although, as a Son, Jesus was subordinate to God Almighty, it makes him no less worthy of honor.  “The Son of man came ...and there was given him [by his Father] dominion, and glory, and a kingdom...” (Daniel 7:13,14) Jesus did not assume this honor, glory or service on his own, but he received it at the hand of his Father and superior, God Himself. Jesus said, “If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me...” (John 8:54) Paul explained: “Christ glorified not himself to be made a high priest; but He [God] that said unto him [Jesus], Thou art my Son...” (Hebrews 5:4, 5)
    Jesus recognized his honored position, and yet always remained humble. He said, “the Father is greater than I,” and “I can of mine own self do nothing...” (John 14:28; John 5:30) The Apostle Paul declared, “The Head of Christ is God” and “ye are Christ’s and Christ is God’s.” (1 Corinthians 11:3; 3:23) He also referred to the Father as “the God of our Lord Jesus Christ.” Ephesians 1:17

Origin of the Trinity Concept

That which the Jews believed for thousands of years about the singularity of God should be harmonious and compatible with Christian doctrine. Jesus taught his followers that the Jewish traditions and concepts about God the Father were not negated. Christianity is not a new religion with a new god, but an extension of Judaism, with the same God that Israel worshiped. Why, then, has this original understanding of God the Father given way to the concept termed the trinity, now considered by many to be the touchstone of Christian faith?
    Both Catholic and Protestant scholars recognize that the concept termed trinitytook centuries to evolve. Indeed, it was not introduced until the fourth century, leading to the Nicene Creed (AD325), and The Nicaeno-Constantinopolitan Creed (AD381). After the Apostles died, a gradual falling away from the original faith occurred. Great numbers of pagans entered the church bringing with them their pagan ideas. Various triune-god concepts, originating in Babylon, had spread throughout the ancient world and had become a prominent feature of the Egyptian, Persian, Grecian, Roman, Japanese and Indian mythologies. Trinitarian historians concede that pagan Greek philosophy played a significant role in the development of the Christian trinity.
    In this dark period of church history, many political pressures were mixed into Christian doctrine and practices. Fearing that religious dissension might disrupt the political unity of his empire, the Emperor Constantine summoned a general council of bishops to deal with the controversy as to whether Jesus the Son was also his own Father. The proponents for and against the trinitarian concept debated the issue, with the Emperor finally calling for a vote of the bishops to settle the matter. The Trinitarian Creed, as finally adopted, fixed the doctrine of the person of Christ as “God of God, Light of Light, very God of very God, ... of one substance with the Father...” With the Emperor’s  threat of banishment, according to Socrates, all but five signed the Creed. (Socrates, Eccl. Hist. 1, 8; and article CREED, NICENE, McClintock & Strong Cyclopedia). The basic substance of the Nicene Creed came to be adopted by many as the true identity of God and the defining doctrinal test as to whether one was really a Christian.
    This creed explicitly defined God as actually composed of three persons: “God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit”–all co-equal and co-eternal–yet, in the Bible, only one of these appears: “...there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things... and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things.” (1 Corinthians 8:6) The other terms “God the Son” and “God the Holy Spirit” never appear in Scripture. In fact, the term trinityis not found in the Bible. Admittedly, the concept of the trinity is mysterious, incomprehensible and impossible to square with the one God testimony of the forefathers.

Real Sacrifice, Real Death

To truly understand the relationship of the heavenly Father and His beloved Son is to understand the depth of compassion the Father had for the world of mankind. Jesus’ suffering and death were real, and so too was the sacrifice of His Father in sending His Son to suffer. “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.” John 3:16-17
    It is a great mistake that many Christians make in thinking that only the all-powerful Jehovah could take on the weight of the sins of billions of people. This mistaken concept then demands that the one who died for our sins, Christ Jesus, must be God Himself. But the Scriptural doctrine of the ransom declares that the life of a perfect man can be an acceptable sacrifice to offset the sin of Adam, and consequently the inherited sins of all mankind. “As by a man came death, by a man also came the resurrection of the dead.” 1 Corinthians 15:21
    Only the life of a perfect man without sin could accomplish the equal payment for the perfect life of Adam which was lost. “There is one God, and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.” (1 Timothy 2:5,6) The ransom price was a perfect human life for a perfect human life–a corresponding price. The Greek word used by our Lord for ransom (Mark 10:45) is lutron-anti, which signifies, “a price in offset, or a price to correspond.” Thus Jesus said, “The Son of Man came...to give his life a ransom [lutron-anti–a price to correspond] for many.” Matthew 20:28
    As Adam, through disobedience, forfeited his being, his soul, all his rights to life and to earth, so Christ Jesus our Lord, by his death, as a corresponding price, paid a full and exact offset for Father Adam’s soul or being. In consequence, all who were yet to be born from Adam–every human soul sharing by inheritance in his sin–receive the opportunity for life through Christ’s sacrifice.
    If Jesus is God the Father, then Jesus’ death was not real– it was just an illusion, because God cannot die. When Jesus prayed with “strong crying and  tears” unto his Father in the Garden of Gethsemane, his agony was real. The cry of Jesus, “My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?” would merely have been without real agony if he were his own Father and already immortal. No, when Jesus breathed his last upon the cross, he really died. This fact is especially important to comprehend and appreciate the magnitude of the sacrifice that Jesus was willing to offer! He did not merely appear to humble himself, while really retaining his glory and power; it was not that he seemed to become poor for our sakes. No, he actually became a man–“the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself a ransom for all.” 1 Tim. 2:5, 6

The True Oneness of God and Jesus

The relationship of the Father to the Son is truly beautiful. They are two completely separate beings, with oneness applying only to their purpose and will. And the followers of Christ are invited to share in this intimate oneness of purpose and will: “...the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one...” (John 17:22) With this understanding we can clearly appreciate that Jesus, God’s chief agent from all creation, was “daily his delight” (Prov.8:30), and volunteered to be the redeemer of men in accordance with his Father’s plan: “ I heard the voice of the Lord [Jehovah], saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I [the Logos], Here am I; send me.” (Isaiah 6:8) Jesus told his disciples, “Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life...” (John 10:17) This was a sincere and deep love between a Father and a Son.
    The night before he was crucified, Jesus prayed to the Father that, when resurrected, he might have “the glory which I had with thee before the world was.” (John 17:5) Jesus also explained, “I came down from heaven,” and “Before Abraham was, I am.” (John 8:58; 6:38) What did he mean? Jesus, as the firstborn of every creature had a heavenly nature before he came into the world as a babe. He gave up his spiritual nature for an earthly one, in order that he might give his human life a ransom price for the sins of the whole world. Colossians 1:15, 17
    Yes, Jesus “was made flesh, and dwelt among us,” and then he gave up his life so that Adam and his race could be ransomed from the grave. (John 1:14) Because of Jesus’ faithfulness and obedience, his Father was pleased to raise His anointed Son to life anew – this time with the Divine nature, to sit at his Father’s right hand on the throne of glory. “God....hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things... when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high; being made so much better than the angels...” (Hebrews 1:2, 4) Jesus said that after the successful accomplishment of his mission, “I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.” John 20:17
    The result of Jesus’ sacrifice will be “testified in due time,” when he will raise the dead and set up his righteous Kingdom among men, destroy all enemies (including death), and “when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.” (1 Corinthians 15:28) In Jesus’ own words, “And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.” John 17:3-4

thirdmillenium,  I'm not a scholar, but I can see Light through some of the holes in your theory.   The Trinity is real;   inseparable parts of the Godhead.   God has no confusion about that, and neither should a Christian have confusion about it!  It is entirely simple for me to understand that God consists of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, all distinct manifestations but never separate!   
    Will try to find time to respond more later, maybe.
    But for right now, let me just say that John 4: 24 tells us that God is a Spirit.  From that, we can of course gather the fact that God's Spirit is the only spirit that can be considered Holy.
    And so, whethere we worship God in the name of the Father, or the "Holy Ghost", it's all the same.   And also Jesus.   ...The thing about making sure that we recognize Jesus is because Jesus sacrificed Himself for us,  and God placed the name of Jesus above all others.  In our human frailness, we must always remember that Sacrifice;  it's the only way our fallible minds can reach God.

1. Dave Mathews profile image60
      Dave Mathewsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If the Holy Ghost or Holy Spirit does not exist, then, why does Jesus send out His Apostles to share the good news of the Gospels and to Baptize baptizing in the name of The Father and of The Son and of The Holy Spirit. Also when Jesus is in the upper room with His Apostles both before and after his resurrection, Jesus tells them that they will be filled with the Holy Ghost, but first He, Jesus had to return to heaven for The Father to send Him.
      Either the Holy Bible is of God, God's Holy Word, containing facts recorded of God and of Jesus, the Christ,or it is a fairytale. I State and I believe that The Holy Bible is of God and therefore it is infallible, therefore if Jesus tells me there is a Holy Ghost or Holy Spirit, I accept this as fact and I believe, and I also believe that God's Holy Spirit lives dwells within me and every person even you.
      Brother Dave Mathews,  in response.

1. Druid Dude profile image60
        Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Relax, Dave. Another lame attempt by those who have not the eyes to see, nor the ears to hear.

2. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

To be honest .. I didn't read all of your post, 

A lot but not all

Enough to bring a thought to mind though.

WHAT  IF  ??    We make the trinity?

Your and my spirit ...  after it has been touched by the word of God. ...   Like a fertilized seed or egg ...
    Becomes .....   what it was meant to be.   
        Holy spirit.    One with EVERYTHING THAT IS.
    Single minded with the   "I AM"   becoming one with the holy ghost  ?????

It kinda makes sense to me. If we can't be a part of it: It can't do its best work with us.

I don't know !  Whatcha think ??

1. libby101a profile image61
      libby101aposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree!

2. Druid Dude profile image60

I like it. like gettin' all your energy focused in one place. This is why there is still only one way.

3. profile image50
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

The Christian celebrate announcement by the archangel Gabriel to the Virgin Mary that she would become the mother of Jesus Christ. Despite being a virgin, Mary would miraculously conceive a child who would be called the Son of God or whom God loved .

It is Gabriel whom the Christians name the Holy Ghost; when Gabriel tells somebody something it needs no further witnessing as when Gabriel told Mary of Jesus' birth and Jesus was born from Mary; he literally confirmed that Gabriel never tells a lie and is truthfu, always; without doubt.

Paarsurrey what are you talking about? No christians I know think that Gabriel is the Holy Ghost! Where do you get your information??

I believe Jesus was unique becaues he was the son of God... therefore a miraculous conception and birth to a virgin would indicate him being God in the flesh! Of course your belief goes against that concept... therefore your input is limited to a structured belief on this subject.

Gabriel is not the Holy Ghost! Thank you. Have a nice day!

Peace!!!

1. profile image50
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Then who is the Christian Holy Ghost? Did Jesus define it? Please quote from Jesus.

1. Diane Inside profile image73
          Diane Insideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The Holy Ghost is not Gabriel by Christian beliefs. I don't know where you got that.

The Holy Ghost is just the third part of the Trinity, God in Spirit form.

God = the Father
          Jesus = the son
          Holy Ghost = Holy Spirit ,Gods Spirit.

1. profile image50

Trinity depicts only Paul's and Church's confusion; Moses , Jesus and Muhammad did not believe in it; they never used the word "Trinity" to denote ONENESS of the Creator-God Allah YHWH.

2. couturepopcafe profile image60
            couturepopcafeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just thought of something.  Not an argument, just a query.  Jesus is the human form, Ghost is the spirit form, God/father is the ? form

1. profile image50

The Christians are in quandry; they are very confused, they won't clarify; as they don't know for sure; everybody from them only makes conjectures.

Moses,Jesus and Muhammad never believed in Trinity; they never used this word; they believed in ONENESS of the Creator-God Allah YHWH.

Trinity is joint production of Paul and the Church to keep the simple minded christians in constant confusion. Sorry

1. profile image57
                exorterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mary conceived a son and His name shall be called Emanuel{ God in the Flesh)
                Isa. 9:6 Unto us a child is given, unto us a son is born, and His name shall be called The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace, The Mighty God.
                If you read the bible you can see that God came to earth in the flesh
                Jesus said when you see me you see the Father,
                there is only one God and he can manifest Himself in as many ways as He wants to.
                I am a Father, I am a son, I am a great grand Father, I am a great great grandfather, but I am only one, not four

1. Jerami profile image58
                  Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That about sums it up.

seems pretty simple to me.

2. profile image50

I opened Isaiah 9:6; I don't find name of Mary or Jesus there ; not even the words "God in the Flesh" are there.

Please give the etymology of "Emanuel".

I think OT is common with the Jews and the Christians; have the Jews omitted these words from their text of the Bible or the Christians have  added them?

Please don't play with the Bible; and don't make any conjectures.

1. aka-dj profile image65
                    aka-djposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Who told you to look for Mary and Jesus in Isaiah? Of course they weren't there.
                    exorter gave you the meaning of Emanuel. = God with us, or God in the flesh.

What other parts do you need explained?

2. ceciliabeltran profile image65
                ceciliabeltranposted 13 years agoin reply to this

actually you don't get what it means at all. it is about one-ness. Many people are confused with religion because religion is speaking a confusing language. Look at you?

1. profile image0
                  china manposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Paar said - it is about oneness - nothing confusing there. 

Your fanciful embellishments to the idea of a god - that paar points to - are the confusions you  mention.  Trying to blur out what Paar says is one way of dealing with his valid and interesting questions I suppose.

1. ceciliabeltran profile image65

You know there is an aspect of the brain that deals with nuances. If you are not very adept at these nuances, that usually means you are not very social, highly technical and must be good at precise measurements and calculations. You probably have a larger left eye, have trouble with x-y axis so you tend to be reliant on the GPS or maps for getting your way around.

Paar said, there is only one G-d. That's what I said. The Doctrine of the Holy Trinity is not MY embellishments. I just know what it is. It means three persons in ONE, meaning three personifications of a single divine entity.

It's confusing language.

You however are always getting confused with language.

lol, G-d the Father has no form.

the holy trinity is

The lover, loved and the love in between. That was in an actual sermon in church.
              The three persons in one is a christian take on the jewish godhead, representing ELohim, Yahweh Elohim and Eli, the collective G-d, the G-d among us, and the personal G-d.
              It is one G-d that can be experienced in three ways which also represents the phrase

"I am" "the way" the "truth and life"

(Being, Medium, Experience)

2. libby101a profile image61

(Matthew 28:19 KJV)
          19- Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.

(Acts 8:14-17 KJV)
          (14) Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John: (15) Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost: (16) (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.) (17) Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.

(Acts 10:44-48 KJV)
          (44) While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word. (45) And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost. (46) For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter, (47) Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we? (48) And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

(Matthew 3:11 KJV) "I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:"

John the Baptist is quoted by all four Gospel writers ( Matthew 3:11; Mark 1:8; Luke 3:16; John 1:33 ) that Jesus would baptize them with the Holy Ghost and with fire. Jesus said that John was a prophet ( Luke 7:24-30 ). Jesus said that the Spirit: 1) Was like a river of living water ( John 4:10-14 ); 2) Was like being born again ( John 3:1-8 ); 3) Would be a comforter ( John 4:10-14 ); 4) Would be the power of God in us ( Acts 1:8 ).

The Holy Ghost is described on many occasions throughout the scriptures. It has been referred to as: Spirit of Christ ( Romans 8:9-11 ); A baptism ( 1 Corinthians 12:13 ); A birth ( John 3:1-8 ); A seal, or promise ( Ephessians 4:30 ); The earnest of our inheritance ( 2 Corinthians 1:22 ); Rest and refreshing ( Isaiah 28:12 ); Spirit of adoption where we cry ABBA, FATHER ( Romans 8:15 ); Living water ( 1 Corinthians 10:1-4 ); Power from heaven ( Acts 1:8 ); The Comforter ( John 14 ).

1. profile image50

Nothing from Jesus; all quotations from hearsay; nothing from Jesus.

OK describe yourself

If that was the case Paarsurrey then everything in the Qu'ran is hearsay... because it was passed from memory to scribes!

Actually if you knew the bible you wouuld know some of the verses above were quotes from jesus.

1. profile image50

Said to be quotes from Jesus; not quotes from Jesus' words.

Ok...anything said to be Muhammad's, Allah's, or any other of the Qu'ran is merely hearsay by your standards! Everything written in the Qu'ran is nothing more than hearsay.... people's memories passed down...it wasn't until many years after Muhammad's death that the Qu'ran was written. So lets get this right... you call the bible's words hearsay... yet the Qu'ran which we know for  FACT to be hearsay is ok with you??? Double standards Paarsurrey!!! Get real!!

Your argument is pathetic simply because your own Qu'ran is all hearsay!!

LOL.

The Holy Ghost dwells in all things. Gabriel included.

1. profile image50

It is only the Cretor-God Allah YHWH who dwells everywhere; Gabriel is only His  creation.

4. profile image0
    swordofgideonposted 13 years ago

the will of the most high is done by the power of the holy ghost(spirit) of god ,do you not know that you are triune also,the flesh,the soul,the spirit,if it were not so iwould not have told you.shelah,shalom

1. couturepopcafe profile image60
      couturepopcafeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Swordofgideon - where is this from?

What I've been saying. Jesus also said more. "It is written in the scripture, and scripture cannot be broken. YOU ARE ALL GODS." HELLO! ANYONE LISTENING?

5. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 13 years ago

WHO CARES???? Too each there own!!!!

6. Disappearinghead profile image61
    Disappearingheadposted 13 years ago

You question is too big for a forum. This needs to be a hub.

7. Lady_E profile image62
    Lady_Eposted 13 years ago

Read the Bible with an open mind, not to prove a point.

Best Wishes.

8. pisean282311 profile image64
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

what about unholy ghost?...does that exist smile

9. jay_kumar_07 profile image60
    jay_kumar_07posted 13 years ago

Holy Ghost is GODS WORD

1. pisean282311 profile image64
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

ghost's word?

1. jay_kumar_07 profile image60
        jay_kumar_07posted 13 years agoin reply to this

GODS WORD

10. profile image50
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

(Matthew 3:11 KJV) "I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:"

Jesus here refers to  the advent of Muhammad- the Seal of Prophets, peace be upon him.

1. skipper112 profile image59
      skipper112posted 13 years agoin reply to this

paar I have told you before, Jesus had nothing to do with Mohammed ,Period!! If Jesus had anything to do with Mohammed why is there NOTHING about Mohammed in the Holy Bible, why as a Prophet did God not talk to Mohammed,how come Mohammed only got a so called Angel ( it sure was not  a Angel from God)Why cannt any Muslim tell me who wrote the Quran? Best you read things you can understand paar, as you can only quote everything out of context, and unless you can give me who wrote the Quran, it is also coppied from other religious texts including the OT and therefore is hearsay. As you say the Bible is hearsay so is the  Quran judged by the same standards you put up, so you now  know the Qura is hearsay by your own words.!

Parr if the Quran is real so is the Bible and the Torah!!!!

why is it that you have the need to externally validate your faith? don't you trust it?

11. Rajab Nsubuga profile image60
    Rajab Nsubugaposted 13 years ago

Now I get it. God is one but He manifests Himself in so many other forms. Thanks Exorter!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)