jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What gives live a purpose for you?

1. greysquirrel profile image58
    greysquirrelposted 8 years ago

What gives live a purpose for you?

2. nadp profile image76
    nadpposted 8 years ago

I think the first thing is my family - husband, daughters, my 90 year old mom.  And then the kids I teach.  I really enjoy being with them and it's so cool to watch them grow up and get ready to become real adults.

3. nancy_30 profile image69
    nancy_30posted 8 years ago

I would have to say my children.  I can't remember what life was like without them.

4. Dzierba profile image69
    Dzierbaposted 8 years ago

Friends, family, and just being an all around optimistic person. Focus on the good, toss out the bad type outlook.

5. terced ojos profile image66
    terced ojosposted 8 years ago

My father passed away as the result of cancer at the age of 67; July of 2009.

The experience brought about an unexpected revelation within me.

I am a forty-three year old man with 4 children.  Until my father passed away I didn't really see myself as a father. I consider myself a good father but until my Daddy my away some part of me had not yet become a man.  I can't really explain what I mean or how my fathers death changed me.

I became acutely aware of my mortality and of my responsibility to instill in my sons all the knowledge my own father had instilled in me.

I kept hearing a phrase being repeated over and over in my spirit.  "My work in you." I am compelled more than ever to grow my sons with the love and knowledge that was given me and to see my work in them grow in much the same way that my father and God have taught me and have grown in me.

In short. My children give my life a purpose.