jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is the difference between Anger and Holy Anger?

1. Lady_E profile image73
    Lady_Eposted 7 years ago

What is the difference between Anger and Holy Anger?

2. Amandaword profile image75
    Amandawordposted 7 years ago

A very very interesting question, LadyE smile In my humble opinion (I am a pitiful, namesake Christian)  'Anger' itself is not a "sin" as is usually perceived (Psalms). There are negative connotations attached with 'Anger' because its consequences are usually "negative" and counter-productive.

Psalms implies that believers may be angry, but not 'let the sun go down" on it. Here my understanding is Anger is pure - a sense of justification or a need for justification. But if this pure nature is used as a weapon to seek 'redress' or recompense then it is "sin". The story of Cain and Abel is I believe a very good example.

Then 'Holy Anger' or "Righteous Anger" (The Bible calls it so I think). Here "Righteous Anger" (Or 'Holy Anger') is not necessarily a an emotion. In fact, I understand it is a burning motivation for a right cause, a right objective and it's outcome is only for the good and are good.

If I am not mistaken, there is somewhere written in the Gospel that the Apostles ought to have this motivation when spreading the word of Jesus Christ (or righteous anger). I am not sure exactly where but I think this aspect of "righteous anger" (or burning motivation for a good cause is explained in the Later parts of the New Testament. One good example of this ' righteous anger' I feel is the one when Jesus fashioned a whip and chased out the traders and tax payers in the Temple.

Just my humble understanding  of it, LadyE, I am no expert least of all worthy to be making any opinion on topics such as these, but I hope it creates an interest for hubbers to discuss. All the best smile

3. terced ojos profile image67
    terced ojosposted 7 years ago

Holy anger is what white Christians used to eradicate the indigenous masses of people worldwide and take their land.

Unholy anger is the black guy who breaks into the home of a white person and steals their High Definition Television.

4. clark farley profile image78
    clark farleyposted 7 years ago

IQ...

(I thought the above said enough, but Hub Pages insists that I make it longer...sigh)

5. Joan1 profile image57
    Joan1posted 7 years ago

Although I agree with Clark and terced ojos,
    But the use of skin color in your second example is unneeded.
    And a bit judgemental.

Unholy anger is the guy who breaks into the home of another person and steals their High Definition Television. (or whatever they steal)

Skin color has nothing to do with both examples.
    The christians happened to be white. But they did not commit these crimes because they were white.

working