What do we need to feel sincere about in order to meditate correctly and with positive...
Meditation is as individual as our fingerprints. Each person must find their own way although I highly recommend taking a class or reading a book about meditation to begin. Eventually you will find the method that is right for you if you just begin.
There is no right or wrong way.
Meditation is a time of quietness where you think on or ponder a question, a topic or a situation. Some people do this while driving a car or pulling weeds in their garden. Others set aside a time and place where they will not be disturbed and sit in quiet and solitude while they contemplate. Again, it is as individual as you are.
Meditation soothes the soul, so if it is stressful or forced, the soothing cannot be accomplished.
All and any meditation is effective just as is prayer. Prayer is a form of meditation but sitting in quiet meditation is usually not a time of asking, it is a time of giving to yourself and to the Universe.
As with prayer, the meditation can last for a few minutes or a few hours. It all depends on you.
My advice to anyone seeking to start a meditation practice is just to begin. Here are a few suggestion that will help you to get started now:
1) Find a quiet place where you will not be easily disturbed -- the corner of a room works nicely.
2) Wear comfortable clothing so you don't feel bound up or uncomfortable.
3) Sit with your back straight either on the floor or in a chair depending on your ability.
4) Breathe deeply and consciously and focus on your breathing -- the in and out of it.
5) Allow thoughts to come to you and don't struggle against them while you focus on your breath. If the thought is distracting, gently push it away like an annoying fly. If the thought is reflective and insightful, make a mental note of it for later or allow it to open to you.
6) Make your meditation time a daily practice.
by jirel6 months ago
I feel very thirsty after meditation.I feel thirsty for many days even if I meditate just once.I am having a problem.For example, if I mediattpate today, I wikl feel very thirsty for 2 or 3 days.If I stop...
by narenreg6 months ago
how long do we have to meditate to open third eye daily....?how long do we have to meditate for third eye to open...?
by repstrydiefly8 years ago
Meditation is a very sacred practice that many people of all walks of life have been doing since almost the beginning of humanity. Why do people meditate? Well it is said that an individual might meditate to come in...
by Derrick Bennett5 years ago
Do you pray or meditate?Some people find it to be more effective to meditate than to pray and vice vera
by Rishad I Habib6 years ago
Does your praying helps social development? Does it alleviate Poverty? Does it advance human knowledge? Does it reduce crime/war? Does it, in any logical way help mankind (in this life) or humanity.. other than just...
by katai17 months ago
Why we feel throw up during prayer for peopel.Have you see when we pray for people stand in the gap for them and we have some manifestation like throw up
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.