jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

If every Christian believed , gave, and served exactly as you do would the churc

1. fred allen profile image60
    fred allenposted 7 years ago

If every Christian believed , gave, and served exactly as you do would the church be more or less?

This question is not designed to show spiritual muscles but to challenge us to a deeper dependance on God. Christian music artist now gone to be with the Lord Rich Mullins singer and song writer of "Awesome God" used to dress casually and go on stage unshaven and confess his sins to concert goers so they wouldn't look at and elevate him as the reason they were in attendance. To him it was all about the needs of sinners and the grace of God. I for one am thankful there are many children of the King believing serving and giving more than I.

2. vaguesan profile image83
    vaguesanposted 7 years ago

Well, I'm not a christian so I don't give to and serve the church, so if everyone acted as I did, the church would definitely be hurt.

3. Michael Adams1959 profile image58
    Michael Adams1959posted 7 years ago

God must become more, I must become less!

4. SpanStar profile image61
    SpanStarposted 7 years ago

We are called to serve and I don't believe many of us Christian or not do that very well at all.  It seems the further back we go in history the stronger people's faith were.  Now we have education so what do people need with faith-(at least that impression I get from listening to people today).

Some believer can improve the church a bit but I really don't think we can today impact or improve the church like those who came before us.

5. Elijah Returns profile image60
    Elijah Returnsposted 7 years ago

The revolution is within us all to make changes, but not according to will of the self but of the Christ, making out minds over to do Gods will. But, we will not be popular with all people, just as Jesus wasnt. So, when we do it, we do it because its right, because of Christ, and we look to him, not others, because he is the perfecter of faith.

6. Sinea Pies profile image77
    Sinea Piesposted 7 years ago

Today our pastor posed an interesting question. He said, "if all of us took the role of serving one another within our own families, the way the Bible says we should, what would our lives at home be like?"  Wow.  Wouldn't it be wonderful!

7. LeslieAdrienne profile image77
    LeslieAdrienneposted 6 years ago

I serve well where I have been given grace, do in those areas the church would be more. Then there are those areas where I do not serve well, so,unless I am asked I don't put my hands to those areas because there would be confusion.

working