jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is the biggest influence on your worldview?

1. Ken R. Abell profile image81
    Ken R. Abellposted 7 years ago

What is the biggest influence on your worldview?

2. profile image0
    Chasukposted 7 years ago

Books, primarily. Too many to name. Some fiction, some nonfiction, and a bit of poetry.

Films, next. Not many, but those that did affected me deeply.

People, penultimately. Books and films are made by people, but here I am talking about people directly. A few teachers, my children -- or rather the process of being a parent -- and my lovers.

Age, lastly. Sadly, I can't narrow down the most influential experiences, or even the lessons learned.

That's my list!

3. profile image0
    GloryAtWillposted 7 years ago

WISDOM. Through wisdom I see a way to happiness and I know I can trust myself, the worldview is really my view of the world, so I choose a wise one of course. Wisdom books are great, so is other great wise technology that you can check my hubs for in the near future. Wow, a 95 how'd you manage that?

4. outdoorsguy profile image57
    outdoorsguyposted 7 years ago

My grandfather

books especially historical and historical biography's.

my experiences as I traveled and met people both in the US and in other country's.   watching the Wall come down, meeting Free Russians and East germans.   spending time in the great sandbox.

to be honest being part of history as the USSR crumbled and fell into the ashheap of history.

monty python.  LOL  dont ask. 

two of my teachers.  and Nikki, who died but taught me so much in so short a time.  Rest easy hun, your not forgotten