jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Who is the leader of twelve apostles?

1. profile image44
    cjhayposted 7 years ago

Who is the leader of twelve apostles?

2. Apostle Jack profile image59
    Apostle Jackposted 7 years ago

It was not "A LEADER"....IT WAS "12 LEADERS.
    They each considered themselves a part of "ONE SPIRIT"
    Each of their experiences and presentation of knowledge
    brought forth and glorified that leadership.
    Read my hub"Divine and Unknown".

3. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 7 years ago

Peter was the first Apostle and the one they all looked to.

4. profile image0
    JoelMcLendonposted 7 years ago

Correct Peter was the First Apostle. Peter was assigned to deliver the Gospel to the Gentiles

5. Michael Jon profile image60
    Michael Jonposted 7 years ago

Jesus is the master of the twelve apostles, but Peter was the leader between the twelve. Their mission was to bring the gospel to their Jewish brothers. The Holy Spirit gave all of them the power to heal the sick, cast out demons and even on a few occasions raise the dead. Sorry, I failed to respond  to your question sooner.

I'd also like to add that the Apostle Paul was the apostle who enlightened the gentiles about the good news (the gospel). In my humble opinion, I think he was the greatest apostle because, he brought more people to Christ than any of the others.

Paul wrote several books that are part of the "New Testament" (bible). For example, Galations, Colossians and Romans are three of the books. I think altogether he wrote nine of the books in the new testament.
    I hope that someday you'll find the time to read them.

6. christ4ever profile image62
    christ4everposted 7 years ago

At a recent Bible study group, it was interesting to see how many people could correctly name all of the first (12) Apostles that worked directly with Jesus during His ministry, but can you name the 13th Disciple? read more

7. SpiritPhilosopher profile image51
    SpiritPhilosopherposted 6 years ago

Peter was the leader.

Hence it is written,

Jesus turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan!