jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

If ghosts walk through walls, why don't they fall through the floor.

1. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 7 years ago

If ghosts walk through walls, why don't they fall through the floor.

2. Jaggedfrost profile image77
    Jaggedfrostposted 7 years ago

Either action is taken for dramatic effect and neither action is necessary.  Spirits fall into three categories.  The first are messengers who have specific things to tell you and will not stay longer then it takes to discharge their duty.  The second are spirits who wont move on because they either can't or choose not to.  these usually stay relatively close to places where they lived or died unless they can find some purpose to travel. Usually you will only see these if you step on their turf and they don't want you there.  The last kind are those who have never had bodies and will never have them.  These spirits relish the opportunity to frighten people and entice them to believe things that aren't true.  Thankfully enough they are bound to places where people perform rituals of the darker kind or have summoned them.  If you find yourself in such places it wouldn't be a good idea to stick around.  Your call though.

3. ptosis profile image73
    ptosisposted 7 years ago

Hell yeah! That's a GOOD Question! Must be that zero-point levitation?

http://hubpages.com/hub/EM_mu

OR it might be that ghosts from a different dimension than 3-d and they appear 'out of nowhere' because the direction that  they came from was outside x, y and z.

http://hubpages.com/hub/QuantumVagary

4. samboiam profile image58
    samboiamposted 7 years ago

I don't have an answer to this question but it could possibly be the best question I have heard all day.

5. Wayne Brown profile image84
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

It is a function of "will" on the part of the ghost.  Whether they are crossing over a floor or passing through a wall, they "will" themselves to do it.  So, in actuality, the things that allows them to transcend walls is the same thing that keeps them from falling through the floor.  Thanks. WB

6. HauntedIsle profile image57
    HauntedIsleposted 7 years ago

I can only answer according to the ghost stories I'm familiar with, but with those all the ghosts seen walking through walls were doing so where doors once used to be. Rooms had been remodelled, door-ways moved and the ghosts were just using the route they used in life regardless.

On a side note I've also heard of ghosts walking through floors - for the same reasons. Roman soliders walking on roads several feet below the modern street level - seen from the knees up!

Good question :-)

working