Why are there spirits roaming the earth? Does this means that there is no heaven

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)
  1. ananceleste profile image61
    anancelesteposted 12 years ago

Why are there spirits roaming the earth? Does this means that there is no heaven or hell?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6155247_f260.jpg

2. Michael J Rapp profile image60
    Michael J Rappposted 12 years ago

If indeed there are spirits roaming the earth I don't know that means there is no heaven or hell.  Perhaps because there is a heaven and hell they are delaying their judgement and clinging to their past life as long as they can.

3. lburmaster profile image73
    lburmasterposted 12 years ago

Religious areas actually tell of a ladder or way to get to earth from heaven and hell. It is surprising but allowed that spirits visit the earth for certain reasons. Demons are to cause havoc and trouble. While angels are to give messages or aid individuals. However, there are supposed to be few on the earth because only a few are allowed to leave the areas, at least this concept is in heaven. It is never said how many are allowed from hell and as I can only think of one person who died and went to hell, I never read his observations on the trip. Since reading about people dieing and going to heaven then coming back to earth is more interesting and uplifting, I have only read those stories. So I can't help your questions about hell.

4. Seeker7 profile image81
    Seeker7posted 12 years ago

The spirits that are roaming the earth are called 'trapped' spirits. This means that they have not crossed over properly into their spirit state. This can be either a deliberate choice - due to unresolved business in the physical earth plane or strong emotions that are keeping them back from fully transferring over. However, there are other spirits who come back in what is called 'visitation'. They have fully crossed over but for some reason they do come back, sometimes quite often, into the earth plane perhaps in order to help someone, or even to help their own spiritual development. But there is evidence that some come in 'visitation' because they enjoy it.

This doesn't mean at all that there is not a heaven or hell. It just means that there is the ability for a lot of movement between both states of being - physical and spiritual. Just as the earth is complicated with many locations and diverse habitats, the spirit world is no different, although I personally don't believe in the black and white view of heaven and hell. It's much more diverse and complex than that, although, in general most people seem to be content and very happy with the spiritual 'habitat' they end up in after physical death has released their spiritual energy.

5. coast2coast79 profile image61
    coast2coast79posted 12 years ago

So we can watch Ghost Hunters on SciFy network and have something fun to talk about on Halloween.

6. JesadaB profile image66
    JesadaBposted 12 years ago

heaven or hell....eek! I have always assumed that the spirits that roam are the ones who either died a sudden death or died with what is termed "unfinished business." I have already told my kids that they can expect to see and/or hear from me after I die, I will keep an eye on them! LoL  As for heaven and hell well there is a rumor going around that life is hell and then ya die. Personally I think everyone has a different version of the great hereafter, your heaven will be what makes you happy, it is not a "cookie cutter" idea.

7. crazyhorsesghost profile image70
    crazyhorsesghostposted 12 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6227836_f260.jpg

I really believe that the spirits or ghosts you see here on earth are trapped here for various reasons. i also believe that shadow people are also ghosts of deceased people and not demons.

We may never be able to prove it but I know for a 100 percent certainty that there are ghosts here on earth with us. I have seen them all my life and so did my Mom. Check out the links on my profile page to our stories here on Hub Pages.

I also believe that there are some people who can see ghosts and paranormal activity while other people can not. I don't know exactly why that is but I believe it. And I really feel better knowing that spirits do exist. I know for a fact that something exists after physical death and I have studied it all my life.

8. Bill Sego profile image70
    Bill Segoposted 10 years ago

If there is anything significant to a small percentage of potentially valid reports, I think there is a perfectly scientific or natural interpretation of the "ghost" phenomenon.  Everyone has heard of the many worlds interpretation: that the Universe splits off into an infinite number of alternate realities (via the quantum wave function) every split second.  These realities float in hyperspace and, like in string theory, these many world "branes" waver in vacuum.  According to theoretical physicists, occasionally the branes waver close to each other and sometimes touch.  If this is also true via the MWI, then we may sometimes catch a glimpse of these alternate realities in our own.  These glimpses may appear ethereal to us since they are part of an alternate history that has direct relation to ours.  We may see someone living and walking around in that reality that has actually passed on in this one, hence a "ghost."  People that are more in tune with their quantum mind signature after spending a lifetime with them (ie relative, spouse, child, etc) may be more susceptible to these glimpses.  There is a lot more to it, but is addressed in another hub.

As far as a religious aspect to it, most Christians do not realize that the Bible clearly indicates one does not go to either Heaven or Hell until after they are judged.  People are simply dead, buried, and gone until the resurrection.  And even then, Hell is not actually a place like what is portrayed in Dante Allighieri's "The Divine Comedy," but a final punishment in a Gehenna fire that will ultimately consume body AND soul.  In other words, it is the final death of your soul and it is not tormented for all eternity as some Christians misinterpret.  One has to look at the original Greek and Hebrew definitions and interpretations of the single English word "hell" for better insight on this topic.  That being said, since it is written that we are in neither Heaven nor Hell until judgement day, I suppose it does leave open interpretations of your soul roaming the Earth until that day.  There are a few hubs out there that explain all of this in more detail so feel free to........check them out.

9. profile image52
    WATERSTARposted 10 years ago

From,WATERSTAR, GOD made all things and all Human Men and Women alike ,Man have a body Soul  Spirit,They are Angel Spirit which goes all over this Earth helping people everywhere seen and most of the time unseen doing good for GOD because they are God Heavently servants,Their are also evil spirits moving all over the Earth infriltraiting the minds of many people to Kill , murder, thief ,and every known evil act,they are evil spirit that the enemy of all people and all that is good the Father of all lies The evil one,in the Book of JOB GOD ask the Enemy of all good where are you Coming from the evil one said to GOD  from going too and fro in the Earth and from walking up and down in it ,When a person dies and leave this earth they experience life in the spirit form, some experience a Good life with GOD while some experience a horriable life with the evil one,but whether the spirit is good are bad GOD give some spirit a short few days to rome the earth ,in the gospel and in the book of acts,OUR LORD JESUS after His Death when HE ROSE FROM THE GRAVE spent 50 days Walking all over JERUSALEM,and many people saw HIM,and GOD said in THE LAST DAYS MANY SPIRIT IS GORN OUT IN THE WORLD ,AND IF GOD SAID IT Whatever SPIRIT or Whoever SPIRIT HE Allow at this time must Obey and jockey all over the place and some SPIRIT is NOT Allowed on HIS Earth BECAUSE THEY ARE Exceeding WICKED as in the BOOK of GENESIS CHAPTER 6 ANd CHAPTER 7, BUT GOD is in Control of all SPIRIT, as It is Written LET EVERY SPIRIT BE in SUBJECTION TO THE HIGHER POWER WHO IS ALLMIGHTY GOD  REVELATION CHCPTER 1. it is good to do good you will get good if you do it for JESUS, he his a very kind and good PAYMASTER. BY WATERSTAR:

10. lone77star profile image75
    lone77starposted 10 years ago

Beautiful question, ananceleste. I wish I had seen this one 18 months ago.

First of all, we have to clear up what is meant by "spirits."

God created us in His image and likeness, but He is not Homo sapiens. That means that we are immortal, non-physical, but spiritual sources of creation.

Reality Check: Genesis 3 tells us that we took a wrong turn. "Adam" and "Eve" are symbols for us -- the fallen ones.

What does it mean to be a fallen one? It means that we cannot see without physical eyes. It means that we are separate from one another. It means that we are trapped in the false self known in Buddhism as "ego."

I have seen the Buddhist paramitas that give rise to miracles. I have understood the mechanics of creation woven into Genesis 1 and 2. I have seen without physical eyes for the first time in countless ages, but only for a moment some 42 years ago. I saw that I was not casting a shadow on the evening wall of the second story where my body still sat.

Spirits are those who have not yet awakened as spiritual beings. They are still caught separate from the whole. They are without sufficient love. They have not yet taken complete responsibility for their condition. And they have not yet accepted the 100% confidence that allows them to bend or break the laws of physical reality.

When we let ego go, and regain our love, we merge with the whole (God) once again and can see without human eyes. We will then have continuity of consciousness without the need for human brains.

11. Snøwman profile image57
    Snøwmanposted 10 years ago

The world of spirits is here on the earth. There's also the world of resurrected beings, which is not on the earth.

12. Emmy Neisler profile image55
    Emmy Neislerposted 7 years ago

No it means they are unrested and not sure what they are doing here some don't want to cross over without finding out what happened to them or have a message that needs to be heard and no one will acknowledge that they are here and seen before you open the door get advice and go from there.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)