jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why do you help people?

1. Daniel J. Neumann profile image59
    Daniel J. Neumannposted 7 years ago

Why do you help people?

Is that a form of love?

2. Tusitala Tom profile image61
    Tusitala Tomposted 7 years ago

Of course it is a form of love, Daniel.   It is the best form of love, unconditional with nothing expected in return.   However, such help is returned because of the natural law: As we do unto others so it is done unto us.  No, this is not a Christian Law.  It is Universal Law, according to the many 'spirtitually advanced' people who proclaim it.   "Let go of the results of your actions," et cetera.

Generally, helping people - providing it is not too arduous - brings pleasure to the person who serves as much as it does to the one being served.   This is why so many people are involved in volunteer activities.

3. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 7 years ago

Daniel it's a Christian thing. If we do not help our fellow man when we are able, it shows to God that we do not accept His word as being truth and fact.

4. thejazification profile image50
    thejazificationposted 7 years ago

to satisfy that urging need to share light with others. by 'helping' you are lifting someone out of darkness, sequentially providing light :]

5. KKalmes profile image60
    KKalmesposted 7 years ago

because for the Grace of God... I have been there and helping makes me feel better about myself. I don't give expecting anything back and that's when I get the most in return.

It is a way to love the universe and yourself... throwing out the seeds of love always makes the world a better place.

working