jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What would give you hope for the life after this one?

1. puregrace profile image69
    puregraceposted 7 years ago

What would give you hope for the life after this one?

the real truth or a band-aid religion?

2. Dave Barnett profile image54
    Dave Barnettposted 7 years ago

Knowing what I know. I have had experiences that prove to me that the Spirit is indeed, with us. My proof would not suffice for someone else, but it was good enough for me.

3. Kathleen Staley profile image60
    Kathleen Staleyposted 7 years ago

A question like this can't be answered for you. You have to have some kind of foundation to base this answer on. You may not acept what the answer is for me, for instance, if you do not beleive the truth I find in the bible. My answer is that the world is full of false religion, and I place no faith in any of them. I, instead, put my faith in what I have studied in the bible.

4. www.lookseenow profile image60
    www.lookseenowposted 7 years ago

Hearts yearn for peace, happiness, and prosperity, but some say NO! It’s just a dream, a fantasy!”  Today’s reality is war, crime hunger, sickness, and ageing, but with all of life’s problems there is reason for hope, because God’s Kingdom will bring earthly benefits beyond compare.  It will accomplish everything good that God originally purposed for his people to enjoy on earth. Hatreds and prejudice will cease to exist. 

That means paradise conditions require that things that cause harm be removed by eliminating wars, crime and hunger.  Impossible, some may say, but notice:   

“He is making wars to cease to the extremity of the earth. The bow he breaks apart and does cut the spear in pieces; the wagons he burns in the fire.”   (Psalm 46:9)

“Too good to be true!”  They are not to good to come from the hand of our loving Creator.  If someone has said to me: “You believe in something that will probably never happen.  There’s no way!” 

“Oh, Yeah!  My belief is neither blind nor illogical.  It’s based on expectation of what my Creator has demonstrated with realities, though not beheld.”

“Faith is the assured expectation of things hoped for—the evident demonstration of realities though not beheld.’
      (Heb 11:1)

5. profile image0
    Justcallmeleroyposted 7 years ago

The Blessed Assurance that Jesus Christ  is our Lord and Saviour.

working