jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why do I insist on answering religious questions when I know every single time I

1. angela_michelle profile image98
    angela_michelleposted 7 years ago

Why do I insist on answering religious questions when I know every single time I get rated down...

and my hub author score gets a hit?

2. Sweetsusieg profile image85
    Sweetsusiegposted 7 years ago

I would think it's because you have an opinion, and you want to share your opinion with the world, in the hopes that someone somewhere will either agree with you or take it to heart.

3. telltale profile image74
    telltaleposted 7 years ago

There will definitely be people who will rate you down or anyone for that matter where religious questions are concerned.  There are so many different diverse people with different religions to start with, and whatever answer provided may not please everyone.  So, for religious matters, I normally abstain, not because I fear being rated down (which happened to my non-religious ones too), but I find it pointless to do that.  Of course, this is my personal view.

4. Emissionguy profile image80
    Emissionguyposted 7 years ago

politics and religion are two topics where there will always be strong opposition no matter what you say. Its just the nature of things.

5. heavenbound5511 profile image80
    heavenbound5511posted 7 years ago

Because of love. We love all even the unlovely and if we just reach one person with the love of Jesus - it's worth it!

6. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 7 years ago

Interesting question.  I think it's because you actually feel that thinking isn't a bad thing, and that the exchange of ideas is a productive endeavor.  I agree wholeheartedly.  Even if it means my hub author score takes a hit, I have no problem answering a question as honestly and as clearly as I can.  I love conversation and I love posing questions.  I only think voting an answer down is fair if it doesn't add to the value of conversation.  I get annoyed when someone does it just to show their disagreement with your viewpoint.  Keep answering.  You have the right to an opinion, in my "opinion" that is.

working