Life Begins At Conception. Is It Wrong For A Woman To Select The Gender Of Her B

1. ngureco profile image84
    ngurecoposted 7 years ago

Life Begins At Conception. Is It Wrong For A Woman To Select The Gender Of Her Baby?

Is It Wrong For A Woman To Select The Gender Of Her Baby Before Conception? Abortion Maybe Immoral, But Certainly Gender Selection Should Have Little Moral Complications In The Eyes Of God?

2. profile image56
    Panikkarsonposted 7 years ago

No. I don't think it is wrong. I have written in detail about my views earlier. Please see

3. ophoe profile image60
    ophoeposted 6 years ago

Well, I can't answer that absolutely, but it sounds off to me.

Think about it. We're in a consumerist society, and we're practically obsessed with having our perfect lives. Maybe we can defend it when it comes to choosing the color car or size TV we want, but our children? Do we really want to start seeing them as products?

Think of it. It's a good self-examination...why do you (or anyone) want to have a child? Is it to complete the picture to our perfect life? In that case children are little more than accessories. They aren't really individuals since the only reason we want them is to make our own life perfect. As horrible as that perspective sounds, I think that is the perspective from which gender selection was born. It's a very gradual, slippery slope, but if we stand back outside our cultural conditioning, I think we can see it. To me gender selection is the child version of the Stepford Wives.

On the other hand, if you want children because, yes, you desire to have a family, but part of that desire is to help bring little individual people into the world and help them become their own selves, that is a beautiful perspective. But in that case, shouldn't you leave the issue of gender alone? It seems like only the most controlling parents that would even choose their child's gender for them. Geez, don't the kids have any individuality?

So that's my take on it.

Plus, why can't we trust God on the gender of the little person we are helping to create? We are instruments by which God creates new people. That's a pretty amazing and special task. But we aren't the actual creators of them.