jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you have a particular religion? just curious

1. shan3lee profile image57
    shan3leeposted 7 years ago

Do you have a particular religion? just curious

2. kalixao profile image58
    kalixaoposted 7 years ago

Religion or spiritual belief? I have found there's a huge difference between the two.

3. akirchner profile image96
    akirchnerposted 7 years ago

Yes - it is my interpretation of religion I suppose.  Do no harm - leave the earth a better place when you exit meaning do what you can to be kind, hurt no one and nothing, and give all you can of yourself in all spheres.  Love unconditionally and do not judge anyone.  Do good things whenever you can.  Laugh long and laugh hard.  Do many acts of spontaneous kindness and treasure every moment you had life to live.

4. profile image0
    BenjaminBposted 7 years ago

Although I am a christian I rarely if ever attend church as I believe in what may be my own religion that god intended the bible to have a special meaning to each individual. You can attend 10 different churches all claiming to be the same denomination of faith,all covering the same passages and you will get 10 different interpretations. I always found this to be odd. Why should I take anyones word over what god intended me to learn.

5. Darrell Roberts profile image72
    Darrell Robertsposted 7 years ago

Kalixao makes a good point, there is a huge difference between religion and spiritual parctice.  I have both.  I like the Hare Krsna religon personally because of how they see Godhead as a person and I appreciate all the teaching that have been passed down to me.  As a spiritualist I am who I am when I am and where I am I have my karma to face eternally.  I hold no real judgements on others because it it too time consuming and this world is temporary.  I just do not want to harm anyone and I wish all living beings could be happy. smile

Best wishes.

6. Mom Kat profile image80
    Mom Katposted 7 years ago

My spiritual beliefs are my own. I do not need others to believe along side of me. I do not need anyone else to aprove of them, and so I do not publically display them.
    If someone I know personally cares to start up a conversation on beliefs, or asks me a direct question - I will answer.  Other than that I keep my beliefs to myself (and more often than not wish that others would show the same respect - I don't want to be "converted" to anyone else's beliefs)

I will out loud and openly say that I feel anyone who preaches their religion/beliefs relentlessly is someone I would rather not have contact with - regardless of what religion/belief system it is.  Converters & Pushers tend to have forgotten the true meaning of said beliefs and are obsessing over the wrong thing.

7. leeberttea profile image53
    leebertteaposted 7 years ago

I was raised Catholic but I haven't been active in quite some time. I don't believe the church is necessary to speak to God, I think God is personal, different for everyone, and everyone has to find their own way to be in touch with the spirit.

working