jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

do you find it strange that a religion is burning the book of another religion?

1. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

do you find it strange that a religion is burning the book of another religion?

how can any religion justify this. i thought religion was about love and acceptance.

2. beckybrowneyes profile image54
    beckybrowneyesposted 7 years ago

Hi, I find it very strange indeed! Although I am not particularly religious myself my understanding of religion also is of love and acceptance. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I think this is going too far

3. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 7 years ago

I don't find it strange, offensive, yes, strange, no.  Every religion is blighted with the same arrogance, we are right, everyone else is wrong, so the fundamentalists of any religion are going to act in extreme ways.

4. puebloman profile image61
    pueblomanposted 7 years ago

Both Christianity and Islam have a history of obscene violence and killing. Religiosity inclines humans to violence because they fight in the name of God and are less afraid to die.

I personally like the words of Jesus, as long as I remember he had and has nothing whatever to do with Christianity.

I don't personally wish violence on anyone, but I can't help thinking that if "Righteous" Christians and Muslims decided to set fire to each other, the world would be a better place.

5. dabeaner profile image56
    dabeanerposted 7 years ago

Religions are about love and acceptance?  What planet are you from?

6. Tom_Radford profile image62
    Tom_Radfordposted 7 years ago

I think it's very irresponsible. If you have a group of people who are agressive and over sensitive, why provoke them? At the end of the day it's just a book, and the Muslims should pity anyone who does something so petty and dispicable ... trouble is, they don't think that way, instead it will lead to bloodshed. Yes I think the whole thing is strange ... why should religions behave like competing teams in some crazy league to prove themselves right?

7. angela_michelle profile image99
    angela_michelleposted 7 years ago

That was my very thoughts when I heard about this happening recently. I am a strong Christian believer, but I respect others, and their beliefs even if I disagree with them. It's like burning the flag, hugely disrespectful and definitely not out of love!