Could you tell me your thoughts on crop circles? What is your take on them? I c

1. eventsyoudesign profile image60
    eventsyoudesignposted 7 years ago

Could you tell me your thoughts on crop circles? What is your take on them?  I cannot wait to...

show this hub to my husband. He is a firm believer that aliens are responsible for crop circles.

2. dosters profile image85
    dostersposted 7 years ago

Crop Circles as we know them today were invented by two men in England (Doug Bower and Dave Chorley) in the late 1970s-early 80s.  They are generally made using simple implements (boards and rope) and using natural landmarks to guide the shapers. 

Even increasingly complex crop circles can be duplicated, as was shown on a show  on the Discovery Channel (can't think of the name...)

Crop Circles: Mysteries in the Fields.  Thats it.

3. CarolineMichelle profile image85
    CarolineMichelleposted 7 years ago

Certainly there are some crop circles that were proven to be creations by people as in dosters example about Doug Bower and Dave Chorley. However, there are plenty of crop circles that have appeared at various times in locations all around the world that are unexplainable. Some of the first crop circle sightings actually occurred in the 1880s in England long before Bower and Chorley were born. Statistically, I believe the number is 20 percent that occur due to unknown or unexplained causes.

working