jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Are you a Christian and Pro-Choice? What is your reasoning behind it?

1. hanijane profile image57
    hanijaneposted 7 years ago

Are you a Christian and Pro-Choice? What is your reasoning behind it?

2. profile image0
    Jo Henryposted 7 years ago

Yes, I am a christian and I believe in pro-choice.  I don't believe you can be a christian and not be pro-choice.  We are given the choice to follow the teachings of Jesus and serve God.  The freedom of choice is the gift God has given us.

I believe that the issue of pregnancy are decisions made between a woman and related parties, because sometimes a man is involved.  I don't believe to terminate a pregnancy  an easy or forgetful decision, it will be something the person chooses to live with for the rest of their lives.  That is the consequence. 

I do not have the right to tell someone anyone what to do with their body.  Their choice is a decision they will have to resolve with God or any other faith belief they follow.

3. terced ojos profile image67
    terced ojosposted 7 years ago

Hmmmm...interesting.  I am a Christian as well but I am Pro-Life.

While I concede that God has given us free will; to choose good or evil. I would not confuse a Christian saying they are pro choice with the approval of the evil of killing a baby.

I am pro-choice to the degree that God has given humans freedom to choose what they do; make no mistake though that abortion is murder.

To choose to kill an unborn child or anyone for that matter is murder.

4. LeeWalls profile image59
    LeeWallsposted 6 years ago

Abortion is murder. I don't like the politically correct behind it. Give me a break. If someone wants to argue about it they can but it won't be on my time. My conviction is such and I'm not changing.

working