The Democratic platform is pro-Abortion, so how are their any Christian Democrat

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (64 posts)
  1. RJ Schwartz profile image91
    RJ Schwartzposted 2 years ago

The Democratic platform is pro-Abortion, so how are their any Christian Democrats?

How can people who claim to be Christian condone murdering babies?  Won't your God judge you for standing by while his children are murdered?  Does you faith come before your politics or vice versa?   Seems very hypocritical.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12948981_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    LoliHeyposted 2 years ago

I used to be a Christian Democrat.  That was before my walk with Jesus strengthened.  At the time, I was really for woman's rights.  I did not think about the baby.  I guess you could say I cherry picked at my religion.  However, when your knowledge of God grows deeper, you begin to love the things He loves and hate the things He hates.  I truly believe the Holy Spirit guided me to realize that abortion is wrong. 

I am not going to say that any Christian who is pro-choice is not a real Christian, they may just not have really sat down and thought about what it means to abort a baby.

RJ Schwartzposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Great response.

2. profile image57
      Norine Williamsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

VOTE!

3. profile image0
      SonOfSkyrim201posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Excellent answer.

4. profile image57

PTOSIS: Catholics LIE & continue to LIE (Jer 7:28)!  What did GOD say? Why world's "religion" is so "twisted!" 
      Did GOD not SAY "Before I formed thee in the belly, I knew thee...?" 
      Don't be "DECEIVED!" 
      "STUDY" (II Tim 2:15)!

5. RJ Schwartz profile image91

I can't even understand what you are saying.  How about just speaking instead of quoting from a book.  God didn't write those words, men did.

6. profile image57

Get a Bible & READ!  I have NOTHING to say for it's "my" opinion that  doesn't matter to ANYTHING (as urs)!  We're talking "Christians" who should believe what GOD SAID, not what I believe!
      II Tim 3:16 "INSPIRED by GOD!"
      Provide book!

7. RJ Schwartz profile image91

How about...no thanks, I will not be getting a book to read.  If you can't comment so anyone can understand you, then are you really contributing to the conversation?

8. profile image57

GOD'S WORDS not important? 
      Then why did you address "Christians?"
      Devil's advocate? Just want to "stir the pot?"

9. RJ Schwartz profile image91

I think the Koran is false, but I still call followers of it Muslims.  Splitting hairs won't give you the upper hand.

10. profile image57

If Bible false, provide a book w/as many "accurate" fulfilled prophecies written BEFORE It was, then we can talk!

11. RJ Schwartz profile image91

The Prophecies,’ the Predictions of Nostradamus' comes to mind

12. profile image57

Let anything "come to mind!"
      Meanwhile, provide book! 
      Who can "withstand the hand of GOD" (Is 14:27;II Chron 20:6)?

13. RJ Schwartz profile image91

Are you unable to understand what I just said - N O S T R A D A M A S

14. profile image57

NOSTRADAMUS child when 1st writings of Bible! 
      Did u not hear what I asked "B E F O R E?" 
      Try Again!

3. junkseller profile image83
    junksellerposted 2 years ago

It is tiresome to point this sort of thing out continually, but obviously no one, including the Democratic platform, is pro-abortion. This is simply a cheap strawman, as you know (and do anyway).

To the question, maybe because not everyone has a simple mind. If we want to be simple-minded we could similarly say that the Republican platform is pro-war and pro-conflict, so how are there any Christian Republicans (which actually isn't a terrible question). How exactly do they square their faith with the huge pile of dead babies over in the Middle East? Also seems hypocritical, no?

Those of us not burdened by small thoughts, however, will understand that few, if any issues, are black and white, but rather involve a multitude of competing ethical concerns. A women's right to be sovereign over her own body (and not have her body ruled by others) is a worthy ethical concern. So too is the concern that making abortions illegal will push women to dangerous back-alley providers. Not to mention it is morally right simply to fight back against some of the cavemen on the opposing side and their archaic notions of sex, love, desire, etc. Actually, I don't think it is that hard at all to be a pro-choice Christian, which would seem to be supported by the millions of them who exist.

I just asked the question to stir the pot......

2. profile image57

And I just answered according to HIS WORD!
      NEITHER "righteous" but GOD told "souls" to "obey the laws of the land!"

3. bradmasterOCcal profile image29
      bradmasterOCcalposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Abortion is a social issue and the government has no control in resolving it. It has been argued and not solved in over 40 yrs. The SC is useless in this matter as they chose not to provide judicial notice for when life begins

4. promisem profile image97
      promisemposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Extremists dominate the debate like just about everything else in this country anymore. A compassionate Christian (and Democrat) just might accept abortion when the mother is a rape victim.

5. profile image57

I have a "beautiful, intelligent," grand niece who is a product of rape! How can we say that she's not going to be the 1st Black female president? 
      GOD don't make no JUNK!  IF we "become" JUNK, it's what we've "CHOSEN" (Joshua 2:15)!

6. junkseller profile image83
      junksellerposted 2 years agoin reply to this

You are welcome to quibble with when and how a woman has sovereignty over her own body. I choose not to.

7. profile image57

It's your prerogative!  We ALL have "choice" as you've continuously proven!
      Y'all better come on! I'm going to leave you - "Spiritually!"
      Go to YouTube & listen to "Rise & Fall" TJ Cait Lyrics! 
      Who are you?
      "If u don't rise, you fall"-(Spir

8. Philanthropy2012 profile image87
      Philanthropy2012posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Well (as the OP admits) the pot was stirred with this question and you've swiftly shut it down. Always good to see the voice of reason here on HubPages!

9. profile image57

There is a call to "RISE" from "carnality" to "Spirituality!" 
      "IF we don't RISE we Fall!"
      I give nothing BUT "TRUTH" (HIS WORD)!

10. Kathleen Cochran profile image80
      Kathleen Cochranposted 2 years agoin reply to this

So well said.  So well said.  And Ralph, we already knew that.

11. profile image57

Thanks Kathy! 
      I was beginning to wonder if there were ANY "TRUE WORSHIPERS" (Jn 4:23-24 "MUST WORSHIP IN SPIRIT & IN TRUTH") out there!
      Jesus said "If you are "ashamed of me, I'll be "ashamed of you" (Matt 10:32) & don't think HE'S not "wat

12. RJ Schwartz profile image91

And look how many responses this has - #1 front page yesterday

13. profile image57

GOD "SEES!"  That's ALL that matters - not "mere-man!"
      I work for HIM, not publicity!

14. profile image60
      cqpchdposted 2 years agoin reply to this

http://shashgrewal.com/about-me/
      Jesus christ Songs, Singers in USA, Best Christian songs singers in India, Devotional religions Songs, Christian devotional Songs, Classical songs singers, NGO socialworker in India, Hindi christian songs.

15. Bill Yovino profile image88
      Bill Yovinoposted 2 years agoin reply to this

junkseller - Very well said! You don't have to be pro-abortion to be pro-choice.

16. profile image57

RalpH: You continue to show GOD & the world how DEMONIZED you are!  "Stir up the pot...?" 
      GOD hates "...he that soweth discord among brethren" (Prov 6:19)!
      Who are you?

17. RJ Schwartz profile image91

Can you tell me the bible quote that says abortion is wrong or a sin?

18. tsadjatko profile image59
      tsadjatkoposted 2 years agoin reply to this

You don't need a quote from the Bible just go here, http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/ … bible.html Can't u understand that the Bible doesn't have to mention abortion to explain it is wrong.It explains unborn is a person.

19. fpherj48 profile image79
      fpherj48posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Norine, U claim U R "going to leave us, Spiritually." If U will please make that "leave us entirely," I know we'll all pitch in on the plane fare! Immediately, if not sooner.

20. profile image57

Means GROWTH IN SPIRIT
      "IGNORANT!" 
      Don't need your plane fare!
      Grow up - "Spiritually!"

21. RJ Schwartz profile image91

Insulting me won't make any difference Norine.

22. profile image57

I don't "insult" WORD does!  Gal 3:1 "O "FOOLISH" Galatians, who hath "bewitched" u..." 
      I Thess 4:13 "I would not have you "IGNORANT" brethren..." on ANY matter pertaining to WORD! 
      I have "authority" fm  WORD to call 1 fm GOD!

23. gmwilliams profile image82
      gmwilliamsposted 10 months agoin reply to this

A++++, junkseller. Great, analytical answer!

24. Kathleen Cochran profile image80
      Kathleen Cochranposted 10 months agoin reply to this

JunkSeller: Thanks. A liberal Christian.  Do you believe the Bible is the literal Word of God? "God formed man from the dust of the ground, breathed into him the breath of life, and man became a living soul."  What is there to question?

4. jackclee lm profile image81
    jackclee lmposted 2 years ago

I never understood why abortion on demand is supported by most democrats. When the Supreme court ruled in 1973, it was suppose to be rare and use as the last resort to end unwanted pregnancy. Yet in 2016, with the availability of the day after pill and all kinds of contraception and sex ed, why do we have abortion in the last trimester and late term abortion. The argument presented is that it is the women's choice what she does with her body. Does she have to wait till nearly 9 month to decide to end a viable life? Someone please help me on this...

I guess that's the crux of it Jack - Roe v Wade failed to establish an exact time when a fetus becomes a person or human and we cant seem to move past it

2. profile image57

See my comment under Lisa! 
      The world is given a "choice" as GOD has given us (Joshua 24:15)!
      The "Choice" is ours!

3. jackclee lm profile image81
      jackclee lmposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Norine, You didn't answer my question. Why do some women choose to have late term abortions?

4. profile image57

How can "I" say why one does something?  We are given CHOICE by GOD (Joshua 24:15) & world (pro-abortion)! 
      It's up to each individual to "CHOOSE" either good or evil!

5. jackclee lm profile image81
      jackclee lmposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Well, I am asking for understanding this position from any one out there. Does no pro choice people out there that would answer this simple request?
      What are you afraid of? Why late term abortions?

6. profile image57

As I cannot "look" into your heart & mind to determine why/how you believe or feel, we cannot "look" into hearts & minds of others!  NO ONE can say why another does something!  We can only "try" to do as GOD would have us do by studying HIS W

7. moneymindit profile image68
      moneyminditposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Norine, why did God allow the serpent to tempt Adam & Eve if he already knew that Adam and Eve would disobey? Why not burn the serpent and protect his children? Sounds like a soap opera to me.

8. profile image57

HE'S GOD!  We were created to PRAISE HIM!  Even you like praise & not GOD! How much more do you think HE desires?

9. Bill Yovino profile image88
      Bill Yovinoposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Jack Lee - Almost everything you said is incorrect. You are funny!

10. tsadjatko profile image59

Jack,Many LT abortions(more expensive)are wanted pregnancies.Due 2 either anomalies or risks 2 health of the patient,a pregnancy that was wanted/planned may be terminated.Some"mothers"can't afford wind up chasing the price trying to get $.

11. RJ Schwartz profile image91

What would Margaret Sanger have to say....kill black babies - how do the SJW deal with that?

12. profile image57

U continue to show ur "demonic" spirit!
      SAD!
      Poor "ignorant" fool!

13. cam8510 profile image96
      cam8510posted 11 months agoin reply to this

Ralph has brought up here the subject of the exact time a fetus becomes a person. Christians traditionally site conception as the beginning of life. Take your Bible and prove that point. Keep in mind, conception has a distinct, medical definition.

5. tsadjatko profile image59
    tsadjatkoposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12961434_f260.jpg

This Q&A begs the question: Can a person be a Christian but not practice Christianity?

The answer to that question has to be yes since to be a Christian you must first repent from your sins and accept Jesus Christ into your heart as your savior because he has paid the price for your sinful life, a price you cannot pay.

Once you have accepted Christ it does not mean that you will no longer sin, or no longer be tempted by sin, that you will only do God's will or that you are free from error about what His will is as expressed by Him in His Holy Bible. So being a Christian doesn't necessarily mean if you do any of these things you are not a Christian. That is not for us to judge as only God knows a person's heart, his motivations and whether he has truly repented from sin and accepted Christ.

Mankinds, man's, laws are not the final word on life, when it begins and whether a fetus is a person or not. They are man made in this case by a court of unelected judges, not even reflecting the will of the people, but no matter what their laws are they are not above God's laws, no matter how you look at it.

So what is God's opinion? The Bible clearly prohibits the killing of innocent people (Exodus 20:13). All that is necessary to prove a biblical prohibition of abortion is to demonstrate that the Bible considers the unborn to be human beings. If you honestly want to know what the Bible really says about the topic of abortion you can go to this website and you will see there is no doubt the Bible considers the unborn to be human beings. http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/ … bible.html

So in conclusion, abortion IS premeditated murder of an innocent human being but if you have accepted Christ as your savior and repented from sin yet don't see "that truth" you still may be a Christian because you have a human heart which the Bible says, no man can know it, only God.

But, on the other hand, Ralph, when you throw the word Democrats into the mix, I have to admit that it is very hard to understand how or why any Christian would want their name associated with such an ungodly group led by known pathological liars, the sexually immoral and race baiting manipulators. (and that's being nice)

If as a Christian you see "that truth," that the Bible considers the unborn to be human beings, is the truth but still want to reject it, you need to get on your knees and pray to God to cleanse your heart and renew your your mind. The only one who can truly understand you is THE ONE who made you.

1. profile image57

Bottom line: Democrat bashing?
      Did JESUS say "I'm not going  to be assoc w/ "an ungodly group led by known pathological liars, the sexually immoral & race baiting manipulators" when HE paid taxes? HE knew, but "obeyed the laws of the land!"

6. roselinsojan profile image58
    roselinsojanposted 2 years ago

Abortion is a crime.yes it is murder,what ever excuses they are murderers.

1. profile image57

Amen!

7. Peoplebranch profile image82
    Peoplebranchposted 2 years ago

I do have another take on the question.
    Is abortion only wrong? Or is it murder in general that's wrong?

1. tsadjatko profile image59

The Bible clearly prohibits the killing of innocent people (Exodus 20:13).All that is necessary to prove a biblical prohibition of abortion is to demonstrate that the Bible considers the unborn to be human beings.Easily proven in the Bible.

2. cam8510 profile image96
      cam8510posted 11 months agoin reply to this

TSAD, I know his is an old post, but don't cloud the issue. Christians go farther than what you have said. They say life begins at conception, a term with a distinct medical definition. Prove, biblically, that life begins at conception.

8. James A Watkins profile image92
    James A Watkinsposted 11 months ago

It is not just abortion that makes the Democrats the anti-Christians. Christian Liberals?Christianity and Liberalism are fundamentally conflicting worldviews. Liberal morality requires the denial of Christian morality. These opposing worldviews do not agree about the way the world is, what human beings are, and how to define human good. What are grave moral violations to a Christian are celebrated behaviors to a Liberal. Liberalism rejects Christianity and can be most easily defined as ‘liberation from Christian morality.’

Liberalism is in fact a religion—a religion in direct contradiction with the Christian Faith. Liberals have worked for decades to remove Christianity from the public square entirely. Liberal morality is reduced to claims of ‘rights,’ which are merely proclamations of individual desires.  “This feels good” becomes “I want” becomes “I have a right to.” Liberalism embraces a program of unlimited hedonism, specifically free from the confines of Christian morality. Practices considered sinful by Christianity are glorified by Liberals.

Liberalism is generally scientism and materialism, rejecting miracles, resurrection, hell, demons, Satan, and any claim of doctrinal truth—rejecting the supernatural. Liberalism believes in a godless cosmos where we are to worship Man. It has worked for decades to disestablish the Christian Faith and establish the Liberal worldview in its place. It has steadily worked to undermine religion, to divest religious organizations of public authority, and disabuse believers of their faith in Jesus. There is no one more hostile to God and the Bible than Liberal apostles of secularization.

Freedom from Christianity defines the political goals of Liberalism. It strives to eliminate all Christian moral boundaries, championing freedom from all sexual limits and freedom from any sense of guilt or shame from sin, any sense of moral propriety. Liberalism can be defined as rebellion against Christianity, characterized by a vehement desire to be free from Christianity, a desire to remove the Church and replace it with the State. The real goal of Liberalism is to replace Christianity with a state religion of pagan humanism, to establish Liberalism as the defining worldview for all of society—and to brook no dissent. Liberals are at war with Christ- and therefore at war with normality and at war with reality.

1. Bridgette Crowe profile image73
      Bridgette Croweposted 10 months agoin reply to this

Correct, Liberalism is "Pro Choice"
      Acts 4:26 " The kings of the earth rise up and the rulers band together against the Lord and against his anointed one"
      Self rule/human rulers/ human race are at odds w/ God. Not a single party.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)