jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Do you ever wish you were born in another time?

1. JaidanDarko profile image54
    JaidanDarkoposted 7 years ago

Do you ever wish you were born in another time?

2. nilex profile image58
    nilexposted 7 years ago

Yea the future tongue its true i wanna know what happens

3. profile image47
    robert.smithposted 7 years ago

I would like to know what actually happened in the past, maybe like a "visitor". I would not want to be born in the past. And to be honest, who know's what the future will be.

@nilex If you were born "in the future"  it will be present for you, and you would not know "what happens" because you do not have the perspective of the past, hence the future for you now it will be present for you then. Maybe you are already "in the future" smile

4. A la carte profile image57
    A la carteposted 7 years ago

I think it would be terrific to time travel. If I was born in the past it would not be too long ago as I like comps. ..and mod cons. Think I would quite like the future:)

5. Alpha Romeo profile image69
    Alpha Romeoposted 7 years ago

I think it'd be cool being born sometime around the renaissance.

6. Tom_Radford profile image61
    Tom_Radfordposted 7 years ago

Yes, all the time. I'd like to have enjoyed the sixties, and the twenties as a teenager. I think being a teen around 1976 to 1982 would have been fantastic for the music. In terms of other times ... well, I'd love to find out who, if anyone, King Arthur was and meet him, but I expect he'd stick a sword through me.

7. eilander1542011 profile image60
    eilander1542011posted 7 years ago

I've felt many times that I was meant to be a child of the sixties. My way of life and mindset lend very well to the world in that time.The music, love and psychedelic lifestyle is alive and well in me today But at the same time, IO was meant to live in the world today, so being born at a different time would destroy my whole plan. SO in the end I am thankful that I was born exactly when I was.

8. Freeway Flyer profile image91
    Freeway Flyerposted 7 years ago

I used to, but not so much any more. Just imagining going to a doctor at any point in history other than the last 50 years is enough to make me grateful to have been born in our time.

It would be cool to go back, however, and do some quick visits to other times. It would be interesting to hang out with Jesus and the Buddha, see the Beatles before they were popular, or see my parents when they were young.

9. Jason Oleinik profile image72
    Jason Oleinikposted 7 years ago

Definitely the future! I would want to see us find out more about space, and perhaps encounter another sentient civilization (aliens!). Space is the final frontier, and it's also by far the biggest...there's so much knowledge I would like to know.