jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Why does love exist?

1. Daniel J. Neumann profile image61
    Daniel J. Neumannposted 7 years ago

Why does love exist?

I think it's to prove God exists, that there's meaning in chaos, and that it's worth it to live. What are your thoughts on this most potent emotion?

2. Chupp22 profile image79
    Chupp22posted 7 years ago

I agree with your love exists because God does!

3. Pollyannalana profile image86
    Pollyannalanaposted 7 years ago

Yes of course it is God, but then many confuse love with other things and many claim to know love and never feel it such as sociopaths. Great question, that might be the best question I have ever heard. God bless you.

4. Godlike profile image60
    Godlikeposted 7 years ago

I would not mix love with god since god does not exist.
    However I think life is not worth living without love and love is the one thing that keeps us together. Regardless beliefs or status.

5. ed77burns profile image36
    ed77burnsposted 7 years ago

ya their is existence of god and love. but that's depend on your faith.

6. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 7 years ago

love exists to counter-balance hate. For every action or feeling, there is an equal and oppisite action and feeling.

7. Sri T profile image79
    Sri Tposted 7 years ago

Love exists for you to be happy, feel good and be free of negativity.

8. rishworld profile image76
    rishworldposted 7 years ago

mmmm........so that a person may remain attached to the WORLD...... otherwise he will kill himself.......
    So there is love for parents, spouse, materialistic things, money, etc etc etc.

9. SpiritPhilosopher profile image53
    SpiritPhilosopherposted 7 years ago

True love comes from the true faith,

but first of all, you should understand the secret of the true faith.

10. niner profile image58
    ninerposted 7 years ago

I don't think that love exists for a single specific reason - it means many different things to different people.

For religious people, God and love are very tied together.  For others love is a purely scientific product, and to many it's the aspect of life that brings them the most joy and a reason to live.

Personally, I think that love (as an emotion) can be the most difficult and frustrating to deal with, but provides the greatest rewards.  It's the epitome of sharing life with another person, which for many is what living is all about.