jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How Do Atheists Console Another Atheist Who Is About To Die Without Invoking The

1. ngureco profile image83
    ngurecoposted 7 years ago

How Do Atheists Console Another Atheist Who Is About To Die Without Invoking The Name Of God?

2. greengypsywolf1 profile image56
    greengypsywolf1posted 7 years ago

The same way any other other human being would, with compassion and understanding.
    God factors not into either of those emotions, and therfore is not needed in order to practice.
    In the end we all know,pagan,christian, atheist, or otherwisw that we are born unto a grave. We all know that we will have our time, and then will fade.
    A calming voice and a hand to hold are really the best things I have ever been able to give a dying loved one myself.
    I dont feel because I didnt reassure them that they woud float of into a magic wonderland with golden streets and diamond streetlamps, that I didnt help ease their way.

3. Aya Katz profile image83
    Aya Katzposted 7 years ago

We say "Thank you for having been in my life. Thank you for everything you have contributed to my happiness. I will never forget you, and I will tell others about you, so that you will never be forgotten. Your contributions will live on."

And here's a hub about it:

http://hubpages.com/hub/What-is-Immorta … I-get-Some

4. Austinstar profile image88
    Austinstarposted 7 years ago

Be their friend. Comfort their pain. Listen to their last words and remember.

5. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

with love and compassion. that's the beauty of being an athiest, i don't lie and tell a dying friend they are going to heaven or some other place. i let them know how much they mean to me and others and the impact they have had on my life.

6. misterdiggs profile image58
    misterdiggsposted 7 years ago

What sucks is how many atheists at the crucial moment just before death are woefully aware of Gods presence.

Be it minutes, days or weeks...

I don't say my God but "The God"...not to offend but just to point out.