jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why alot of people always crying when their are praying to the lord?

1. adrianus profile image51
    adrianusposted 7 years ago

Why alot of people always crying when their are praying to the lord?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/3944011_f260.jpg

2. brnielsen44 profile image56
    brnielsen44posted 7 years ago

People cry when praying because they are overwhelmed with the emotion that God is really listening and cares. Often times people pray in a tough time maybe not with a lot of faith that God is really there, but then receive the confirmation during the prayer that he indeed is. It is definitely enough to bring anyone to tears.

3. profile image0
    Elliott_Tposted 7 years ago

I would say the reason is that prayer can be a very deep personal experience. Many times people who are praying are carrying heavy burdens and seeking help from God with them. Or prayer may be an expression of worship, and people may find themselves overcome by emotion as they contemplate what God has done for them.

4. NikenDiana profile image54
    NikenDianaposted 7 years ago

i think it's normal process because maybe they are feel connected to God and want to share all what they feel (happy or sad) to God . it's spriritual conection of prayers .

5. dabeaner profile image55
    dabeanerposted 7 years ago

Yes, people who resort to prayer are often very emotional.  If they were more rational, as opposed to emotional, they wouldn't be praying.  For those types, emotion trumps rationality, which is why they succumb to the irrationality of religious belief.

6. Dian'swords4u profile image61
    Dian'swords4uposted 7 years ago

I know at times when I pray to God I do cry.  There is a reverence and a sense of awesomeness when you truly come into the presence of the Lord.  There are times when I am repentent and this will sometimes bring tears to my eyes because I am truly sorry for my sin.  Sometimes I cry when I am overjoyed with just being in the presence of the Lord.  Sometimes I don't cry but just carry on a conversation with him.  It is not abnormal.  It is very normal.

working