jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Does good conquor all evil and what's your reasoning?

1. Randy Simonato profile image61
    Randy Simonatoposted 7 years ago

Does good conquor all evil and what's your reasoning?

2. Randy Simonato profile image61
    Randy Simonatoposted 7 years ago

My apology on "conquor" I meant to stroke the (e) please disregard the error

3. profile image0
    Chasukposted 7 years ago

I've certainly never seen any evidence of good conquering all evil.

4. L a d y f a c e profile image78
    L a d y f a c eposted 7 years ago

Neither one conquers. Without one, the other cannot exist. There is a fine balance between the two. Judging by the photo you've seen Star Wars...smile
    It's the same way here in the real world.

5. Benoitsmidget profile image61
    Benoitsmidgetposted 7 years ago

Obviously, good does not always conquer evil, or evil would not exist. I believe the only reason it exists at all is because God has given us free will.

6. Syra Mhbed profile image79
    Syra Mhbedposted 7 years ago

Define good and define evil, and only after will you be able to make a comparison and to say who conquers who. The notions of good and evil are so relative that maybe what for you is pure evil, for another person could mean the absolute good.
    For further information try reading Nietzsche's Beyond Good and Evil.

7. ptosis profile image71
    ptosisposted 7 years ago

I disagree with what Benoitsmidget says: "because God has given us free will." - which means without free will - there can be no good/evil which is the self-guarding guilty slave thinking - but the alternative is even much worse: 'I must believe in free will - I have to or I'll go suicidal"

In addition, all chaos says is that there is no way to prove human have free will. "Indeterminism does not confer freedom on us" - From http://hubpages.com/hub/QuantumIn4

#1 - God cannot have free will. A benevolent god always chooses the path that causes most good so therefore has no real choice.

#2 - If God, angels and other beings in heaven have free will where there is no evil or suffering, then it cannot be true that god lets evil exist because it is a required side-effect of free will.

#3 - God did not make the Universe or there is no God