Why is God only praised for the Good, never blamed for the Bad?

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (89 posts)
  1. jlpark profile image79
    jlparkposted 10 years ago

Why is God only praised for the Good, never blamed for the Bad?

People have often stated that they are offended or at least find it offensive if God is blamed for the Evil in the world (or that happens to people), but praise Him for the Good.  Did God not create everything - including Good and Evil?  Satan? Did HE Not create Satan? Therefore creating Evil itself? Any one care to explain to me? I'm willing to listen, as this confuses me as I am to believe that God is omnipotent, and Creator of all, but just "not that stuff"? Doesn't make sense

2. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 10 years ago

I am stunned by your question too. Yeah, where did satan came from in the first place. We all know that God created the earth, the humans and the seas. Maybe satan came because one of the angel turned bad? I mean you know that there are angels right? The satan is always on the left....tempting you to do the bad things... When i pray, i usually ask God not to let the bad things happen to the innocent. Nobody can blame God for the bad , just ask for his help. People believed that bad things happen because we let the satan overcome us.

1. LoisRyan13903 profile image61
      LoisRyan13903posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I don't even know the answer to that question-where did Satan come from?  Still studying the Bible and so far have not seen it mentioned in the Old Testament.  Great answer btw

2. profile image52
      abt79posted 10 years agoin reply to this

It is told that Satan was in fact a fallen angel that chose evil instead of good.
      Unlike humans, angels do not have free will. Angels can only choose whether to be good or evil, and after that, they make no other choices. Or so Christianity says.

3. jlpark profile image79
      jlparkposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Abt - can you provide the verse(s) where this is said, so we can look?

4. profile image52
      galaxygirl23posted 10 years agoin reply to this

What made satan bad was that he must have seen character flaws with God and spoke up..that made God mad ! I am speaking up now so am I going to get punished also ? God is mean and scary ..a bully !

5. profile image54
      graceinusposted 10 years agoin reply to this

galaxygirl- So are you a witness to all that you claim in your comment? And you know all this, how? I guess you must have been there.

6. profile image52

As I said earlier to someone here... I was so in love with jesus and lost so much to follow him ! I have been through hell on earth and everytime I prayed NOTHING ! He has never answered me when I cried out for help  and gave me any help or support!

7. profile image52
      Norine Williamsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

GG: Don't u know that's how it's supposed to be when u follow Jesus? Lose ALL!  II Tim 4:16-17? Then u know - It's real!  Why give up? He sees ALL! He suffered & DIED! Why not u?

3. Disappearinghead profile image61
    Disappearingheadposted 10 years ago

Isaiah 45:7
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

A truth not palatable to Christians.

1. profile image52
      abt79posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I am Christian, and this is indeed palatable. God did not *directly* create evil, he created beings capable of evil. Whether said beings were evil or not was/is their own decision.

2. profile image52

You are so right..God created evil. He also set Adam and eve up to fail by making them nieve and holding information from them. God put a demon in Eden to trip them up.They did not know at that time good or evil so it is not their fault they failed !

3. profile image54

galaxygirl- Do you enjoy being a mouth piece for satan? God created mankind with Free Will. Both Adam and Eve violated God's command and sinned. In doing so WE (mankind) handed over our dominion of earth to satan. abt797 comment is correct.

4. profile image52

I go by what I read ! What you just did was inteprete the passage for yourself that way you think it might mean. But the words are pretty plain that he created evil ! In fact he says he done ALL those things! Too many interpretations !

4. profile image54
    graceinusposted 10 years ago

There were two trees out of many within the Garden of Eden. One of those was the tree of life, the other was the tree of knowledge of good and evil. This is covered in Genesis 2.verse 9. In this verse is the first time evil is mentioned in the bible.

Based on this verse we know that the concept of evil existed somewhere but not understood by man. Also based on this verse God knew what evil is. What is not revealed in the verse, nor anywhere else in the bible. What is not explained is how the concept of evil came into being. No where does it state in the bible that God created evil. Nor does it state anywhere in the bible that God created any being (spirit or man) to be evil.

At the same time God did created beings (spirit and Man) to have free will (the freedom of choice) Which is why God had placed the three of Knowledge of good and evil in the middle of Eden in the first place. God did not creat man to be evil. However because He created us to have free will, the process to became evil was setting right there in the middle of the garden. However, God (and this is a key point) COMMANED man not to eat the furit of the tree of knowledge (of good and evil) that was in place. Please notice this command by God did not terminate the free will that God had given man. This placed man in a position that he could choose to follow the command by God or not.

There are also verses in the bible to suggest that the spirits (Angels) God created also have free will to choose between good and evil. How it may have exactly worked for them (Angels) is unknown. Satan as an Angel was not created evil which there are verses is the bible to suggest that, but through a process after his creation became evil through free will or choice.

Before the fall of man in the Garden of Eden, man had no understanding of evil. But they knew free will, they knew they could choose. And they did

God did not bring evil into this world, we did through free will. We have allowed evil to fall upon us because we chose too. God does not allow satan to do anything, we do, In the beginning God gave rulership of earth to man. And WE (man) gave it to satan the moment man sined.

This subject goes far deeper than you may realize, so I would hope that you will search for the full and a more detailed answer in the bible. if your question is sincere which I believe it is

I wish you the best

1. Disappearinghead profile image61
      Disappearingheadposted 10 years agoin reply to this

"No where does it state in the bible that God created evil."

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

2. profile image54

You should learn to to read and understand Isaiah 45:7 in it context. Plus you must be using the KJV translation. It's the only tranalation I am aware of the use the word evil in verse 7. It may be used in other translations but I haven't seen it.

Yeshayah 45:7
      Orthodox Jewish Bible
      7 I form ohr, and create choshech; I make shalom, and create rah; I Hashem worketh all these things.
      'rah' Strongs #7451 bad, disagreeable, evil, wicked in ethical quality.

You should learn to use Jewish sources.

4. profile image54

In case you did know every word by list in the Strong's Concordance is drawn from the King James Bible. Then provides various words which are related in Hebrew and Greek Dictionary towords the end of the book. Strond's is only good with the KJV.  Duh

5. Disappearinghead profile image61

Young's Literal Translation
      7 Forming light, and preparing darkness, Making peace, and preparing evil, I [am] Jehovah, doing all these things.'

6. profile image52

You just said the bible never said God created evil...but then you write:Isaiah 45:7
      I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace," AND CREATE EVIL": I the Lord do all these things.
      I can read that.. and yes the bible does say that !

5. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 10 years ago

God did create everything, but man having free will has basically ruined this world with their arrogance, greed, etc. So many catastrophic events that are happening are the direct result of what man has done to this once perfect planet.

As far as evil, Satan is the epitome of evil. Did God create Satan? I would say of course, but also with free will to do as he pleased. Satan was cast out of Heaven because he rebelled against God. Saying that, everything that happens that is evil is the direct result of free will. Blaming God for bad things is like saying "the devil made me do it." No. W have free will to do as we please on this earth.

This is why the prisons are full. So much evil has corrupted this world it is a really sad situation. Could God intervene and say enough is enough? Of course. This will be the second coming of Christ.

1. Disappearinghead profile image61

JT, why is this account of Satan's fall not mentioned in the Old Testament? According to the gospels, Jesus said he saw satan fall, but you cannot invent a story around a single vague statement.

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 10 years agoin reply to this

DH..... I will not argue this with you again.

Because you cannot present evidence to support your case?

4. profile image0

DH.... That is not the case at all. I have been through this with you. I DO NOT want to ARGUE this again. Thank you and God bless.

5. jlpark profile image79

Where is Satan's fall mentioned in the Bible? I'm a little rusty at the moment with some of the specifics of things I don't refer back to a lot. I also don't want to argue - I'd like to know.

6. Disappearinghead profile image61

There is no mention of a fall in the OT. Jesus said he saw satan fall but makes no other statements, the whys or whens or hows. Revelation claims there was a war in heaven but you cannot form a doctrine from a single statement.

7. Trish Douggie profile image56
      Trish Douggieposted 10 years agoin reply to this

@Disappearnghead There are actually other scriptures that cite Satan's origin throughout both the Old and New Testaments. If you're looking for them, I've cited a few in my answer below.

8. Disappearinghead profile image61

Trish you cannot take selective verses out of Isaiah 14 and Ezekiel 28 which are talking about the kings of Babylon and Tyre respectively and claim they are talking about Satan. Read both chapters in their entirety; the writers do not switch focus.

9. Trish Douggie profile image56

They're making an allusion to Satan's fall during their chastisement of the kings of Babylon and Tyre in order to make a point. The Bible does that often concerning many subjects.

10. Disappearinghead profile image61

Trish they are making no such thing. You were not party to their thoughts when they wrote these passages. You have been told they allude to satan but these ideas did not exist until the 2nd century.

11. Trish Douggie profile image56

No living person was party to the thoughts of any of the writers of the Bible, including you. That much is obvious. All scripture is God-inspired, anyway. So if that's your only objection to my argument, it isn't a very good one.

12. Disappearinghead profile image61

Trish, Origen (185-254 A.D.) was first to make the new connection between OT references from Job, Ezekiel and Isaiah and argued that Lucifer, the Prince of Tyre, and the Leviathan of Job, were all identical with the Devil. Does that make it true?

13. jlpark profile image79

Ok ok - thanks guys...I'll go look. Enough now

14. Trish Douggie profile image56

Sorry! Didn't mean to be a pest.

15. profile image0
      Rayne123posted 10 years agoin reply to this

thats funny, you basically said what I did but in different words. When I was done my comment, yours popped up. However I do agree 100 percent

16. profile image52

God murders people all through the scriptures..even  innocent babies !He seems to love blood and fighting ! We being created in his image is the reason there is so much evil and fighting in this world!We are behaving just like the God that created us

6. profile image0
    Sri Tposted 10 years ago

Everything exists in the thought realm, another dimension. So whatever happens already has it's invisible blueprint. It has been said that creation and destruction is caused by the same power. In other words, destruction is creation. What appears bad or terrible to human understanding is really just another act of creation on a different level.

7. LoisRyan13903 profile image61
    LoisRyan13903posted 10 years ago

God is Good All the Time!  He is a Great and Awesome God!

1. profile image52

Obviously you don't study your bible very well ! Hold a starving baby in your arms and sing jesus loves you yes I know to them while they die !Explain to them as they die why God let them suffer and starve when he could have easily fed them !

2. profile image54

galaxygirl- Obviously you enjoy twisting God's word to suit your needs. God created this world to support billions upon billions of people. There is more trhan enough food in this world but it's mans greed that allows people to starve, not God.

3. profile image52

I have not twisted anything! In some of these climates food cannot grow, no water or for whatever reason.God created water and rain so do that and give them those things they need so they can grow food !Humans cannot reach every hungry child God can

4. PlanksandNails profile image81
      PlanksandNailsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

The skeptic will use evil and suffering and blame God for it, but will have no consolation in their worldview. The reality of evil, suffering and injustice when considered fully is an argument for the existence of a good God.

5. profile image54

PandN- I concur.

6. profile image52

To some people he is good. I was a follower of Jesus and loved him so much...I lost my job over God standing up for him. I lost friends, I gave up everything ! Still he blesses others even my abuser more than me !That person hates God !I still suffer

7. LoisRyan13903 profile image61
      LoisRyan13903posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I know it's been 13 months but never saw this till now.  I study Bible very well thank you.  Just because a person is a Christian does not mean it will be easy street.  If we have it all then we won't rely on God and Jesus

8. profile image0
    KenDeanAgudoposted 10 years ago

For God is pure Good and Perfect. Yes, god punish Satan for being power greedy but God never choose to do it but Satan.

But God created Everything. Including Satan.  He is also all knowing, so would know that Satan intended to be Evil, yet still created him.  This is what I meant. One can blame Satan all they want, God still created him.

2. profile image0
      KenDeanAgudoposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yes God created Satan by He created Satan as a good person and Satan chooses to be like that for his own personal wants. Like humans we are created good by God, human has only the choice.

Okay. Thanks for your answer Ken

4. profile image52

Read the bible and see the stories of Gods evil acts of murder and violence against even babies ! Is satan making god do that stuff ?NO! Maybe satan saw character flaws in god and spoke up and it made god mad?I would speak up.. does that make me bad?

9. Trish Douggie profile image56
    Trish Douggieposted 10 years ago

God indeed created Satan and Satan is the "founder," for lack of better words, of evil. But the reason it would not be correct to blame God for the evils of this world is simply because that statement is incorrect. God just isn't responsible for the evils of this world.
    Since the beginning of our existence here on earth, we have rebelled against both God and good. Even if you are not Christian and don't believe in the Creation story, it's still evident that the desire to commit evil is in our nature as human beings; babies are born without knowledge of right or wrong, but even as they grow older and are told the difference between the two, they develop the desire to touch the hot stove or play with the outlet after being urged not to. Whether this desire to disobey stems from curiosity of the outcome or just plain defiance, or even both, is a mystery to me. But the point is, it exists, and it's in all of us.
    This concept introduces itself in the Creation story and the Fall of Man (Genesis chapter one if you're not familiar with it). Where the desire to sin came from, I couldn't tell you, but I could make the educated guess that it has to do with God's decision to grant us free will. The moment God put the tree containing the Forbidden Fruit in the Garden of Eden and gave the instruction that it shouldn't be eaten, the desire to do the exact opposite was inspired, and free will aided in carrying out that desire.
    At this point you're probably thinking, "But didn't the serpent inspire Eve and Adam's desire to disobey?" Which brings me to my next point: The Origin of Satan.
    There are several passages in the Bible that touch on the origin of Satan (Ezekiel 28:12-19 and Isaiah 14:12-24 are the most thorough), but generally the story goes that Satan, formerly named Lucifer, was once an angel in heaven, and conspired to overthrow God. His plans obviously came to light and  he was cast out of heaven. I guess his plans were pretty darn convincing, too, because he got one-third of the population of angels to join in his effort and they were all cast down with him.
    More on this: Luke 10:18 cites Jesus recalling that He "beheld Satan as lightning fall from Heaven," 2 Peter 2:4 uses the event to make a bigger point, and Rev 12 may either be a retelling of the event or the prophecy of a future event which is similar; interpretations differ.
    The point I'm making with Satan's origin is that ultimately it all comes down to free will. Even the angels are given a choice.

Understood. Respectfully, though, an all knowing God would have KNOWN that Satan (and Hitler, Pol Pot, Osama) would do just that with his free will. He could have just crushed the mould and got on with better things. Make sense? Not trying to offend

2. Trish Douggie profile image56

No, no offense taken.
      It's true that God's omniscient, but would free will really be free will if God just went ahead and prevented all our wrong decisions? The simple truth is this: without evil, we probably wouldn't feel the need to rely on God.

Good answer! Thanks!

4. Trish Douggie profile image56

You're welcome! Glad I could help(:

5. profile image52

I agree sin and evil happens in this world but God doesn't have to allow it to do what those men did! Where was God when I was abused as a child?Now I am confused about him !For that I am being called EVIL by some people on this site !How Christian !

6. Trish Douggie profile image56

galaxygirl23- I'm not sure what you want me to say to that, but it seems to me like you've been hurt and you think God is responsible.
      I can't imagine what you're going through right now. All I can say is don't give up. I'm praying for you.

10. IDONO profile image60
    IDONOposted 10 years ago

My belief, (mine only) is that, without exception, good always comes out of bad in the end. Good ALWAYS prevails. Throughout history, horrible things have happened; both naturally and man made. Yet we are still here. If evil prevailed, we would not be. Good and evil are states of mind and we were given the right to choose. In other words, we praise God because he always seems to clean up the mess that we create.

11. UnknownWon profile image61
    UnknownWonposted 10 years ago

I had something to add. But I decided that it wasn't appropriate to go into as much depth as I did. So I will simply add this;

Is it because of greed then that parents lose their children before they are born? It is the darkness in their hearts? What if the parents truly love each other? What if the parents want to shower their children with love and happiness and raise them to be the best people possible? Why shouldn't God be held accountable for taking innocent lives? And if its the Devil that took them, then why isn't God held accountable for allowing it to happen?

1. Trish Douggie profile image56

I know a woman who had a miscarriage a few years ago; she is now pregnant with twins.
      I know this isn't always the case, but all I'm saying is God does have a purpose for everything. We just don't understand it. And I don't blame you; it's hard.

2. profile image52

Babies died ! How do you know they wouldn't have been  wonderful and a blessing? How can anyone think having twins can make up for the loss of those babies ? God has a plan ? Isn't life worth something..might I repeat babies died !

12. jlongrc profile image85
    jlongrcposted 10 years ago

I don't necessarily believe this, but a constructive way to think about it can be disavowing yourself of the notion of "bad."  There is not "bad," but rather only places and things where there is less good.  God would, in this construction, be the ultimate good.  God is the highest concentration of good in the universe.  While humans are God-like, they are not as good as God--not more evil than God, less good.  The closer to God, the more good. 

Enter free will and bad things happening isn't necessarily that they are bad, but that good was absent.

13. Jordan Hake profile image81
    Jordan Hakeposted 10 years ago

God is in control of everything.  In Genesis 45, Joseph is talking with his brothers who had sold him into slavery.  Joseph, however, was granted a high position in Egypt, so that only Pharaoh was higher than him.
    The Bible says:
    Genesis 45:4-5
    'So Joseph said to his brothers, “Come near to me, please.” And they came near. And he said, “I am your brother, Joseph, whom you sold into Egypt.  And now do not be distressed or angry with yourselves because you sold me here, for God sent me before you to preserve life.'
    Later on, his brothers apologize again, and the Bible records:
    Genesis 50:19-20
    'But Joseph said to them, “Do not fear, for am I in the place of God?  As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive, as they are today."'

This shows that God is behind everything that happens, be it good or bad.  But we, His children, have hope in this, because Romans 8:28 says:
    'And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.'

God does all that He does for His glory.  He loves us for his glory, and saves us for his name's sake.

As for Satan's origin, I don't know where he came from.  But Satan is NOT the origin of evil: God created mankind to sin, so that He could save them and glorify his name. 
    But before you ask "Why couldn't God just make us perfect at the start" let me say "Our lives would have been poorer had we not been saved first".  Because a hungry man appreciates a banquet more than one who's had enough, and a sick man thanks his doctor, but a well man doesn't need him.

I hope this clears things up.  The Sovereignty of God is a HUGE subject, and I don't pretend to be anything close to an expert in it.  If you'd like to learn more, you should read some of these books:
    John Piper's "Desiring God"
    A.W. Pink's "The Sovereignty of God"
    And, of course, your Bible.
    I pray that God helps you along your journey and strengthens you with His hope and peace.

Very Well Written and agree I liked how you used Joseph's example.  God makes good come out of the bad.  Voted up.

2. UnknownWon profile image61
      UnknownWonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

So again I ask, as I did above, what good is there in the death of unborn children? Is there good in the pain the parents feel as a result? Where is the good in that? Not to mention if we were made to sin, why punish us with Hell?

3. LoisRyan13903 profile image61

UnKnown I miscarried my son at eight months and it was hard.  But it made me a stronger person and came closer to God.  This also made our marriage stronger-it made my hubby and me closer.  So yes, good came out of the bad

14. Darrell Roberts profile image72
    Darrell Robertsposted 10 years ago

Dear Jlpark,

I think that your confusion is justified.  I think that you make a good logical approach to understanding the issue. 
    The explanation I would offer is because GOD is supposed to be Omnipotent, Omniscient, and Omnipresent there can be no such thing as "Good" or "bad" only the will of God must exist.

I know that may be hard to swallow, but think about it.  If God Knows everything, is everywhere, and has all the power, then we are just like characters in a very large movie and the will of God is moving through us all.

I think that God should be "credited" for all circumstances.  How we feel about them well, that is on us.  Keep in mind we cannot see everything and we do not know the real reason for everything.  Something "bad" may happen now to prevent something worse from happening in the future.  Who knows?

I am with you looking at the world it does not make sense.  I think that is why we have to have hope, faith, and trust in God, that God actually is a good being.

Best wishes, I hope I have helped.

Dhira Krishna Das

1. profile image52

This to everyone who thinks I am trying to be evil ! I am not trying to be that. if I am confused than It is God who sent me delusions and confuses me.Maybe he doesn't care to save me?Or wants me in hell? My mother never loved me ..now God doesn't ?

2. profile image0
      Rayne123posted 9 years agoin reply to this

What a beautiful answer Darryl, thank you
      I wanted to add something to your answer that I feel, however it wont allow me to answer this now lol but I could of not said it better myself Darryl, t hanks again
      Blessings

15. profile image0
    Rayne123posted 10 years ago

God created the whole world, no one or anything came along on its own. God sends delusions to see who will believe the lie to see who to condemn.

God is just and merciful and will not allow sin to go unpunished.

He gave us warnings over and over again and we did not listen. God gave us the tools to fix the world and instead we misused those tools, and some used them for their own selfish purposes as we see. Even police misuse their authority and become corrupt. So what happens is God allows us to fall into our own trap for our sins, knowing very well we will.

He may be using this trap for our learning experience our path we must follow to get to our destination. He may allow an alcoholic to hit rock bottom to be able to climb out and realize he needs to save himself.

God is angry with the wicked everyday and more will be seen. Trust me.
    Hence our weather, I believe God has a hand in this, he can tilt the sun if he wants to. He doesn't have to warn us but he does. We still don't get it.

When we drink, it comes with warnings, when we do drugs it comes with warnings, but we decide if we still want to do these "sins".

So when God gave Adam and Eve the choice to either eat the fruit or not, God gave them a warning what would happen if they did. So he left them free will and they decided to sin. In return for that sin, they fell into their own trap as we all know.

So God does not allow bad things to happen we do. God will give us abundance and power and gifts if we follow him. He has stated that over and over also but some rather not.

There are many anti christs and more than one satan as we will soon know, however they are not making the world the way it is, they are only feeding into our fears and sins. In return more evil enters the world. God only allows satan to go as far as God wants him to. If we keep gossiping and then spread it around the evil keeps going and causes havoc. Then the lie becomes the truth and in return we enter into fear. IF we just say ya ya at the first secret it stops. Dont add fuel to the fire.

This is the same way with God, if we keep sinning it keeps going and sooner or later the truth is revealed.

One simple way  to look at it, "the truth will set us free and bring peace in our hearts"

1. profile image52

Sorry hun.. I am NOT delusional and I see things for what they are..reality ! I am not being led astray from faith...I am thinking and things do not make any sense. Even when you Christians try to explain stuff it only makes things sound crazier !

2. profile image54

galaxygirl-Yes, it's the carnal mind for those who seek things to make sense which is why you clearly don't understand God's word.

3. profile image0

galaxygirl..... Two words.. look them up. "Reprobate mind."

4. profile image52

Sending delusions is wrong ! That is like tricking people !No one knows my life what it has been...if I am a skeptic that doesn't make me bad !Some people need more from God to believe because of things that might have happened to them in their life

16. WalterPoon profile image66
    WalterPoonposted 10 years ago

Why is God only praised for the Good, never blamed for the Bad? I supposed it's because the bad has been contracted out to Satan, the fall guy, leaving the good for God to take the credit.

1. profile image52

yes.... satan set up as the scapegoat and all because he saw some character flaws in God and spoke up about it. That made God angry and he punished satan and from then on satan was blamed for everything bad while God found a way to get praise !

17. PlanksandNails profile image81
    PlanksandNailsposted 10 years ago

God put mankind in a world/reality where there is freedom. With freedom comes the potential for love and also suffering. In contrast, a world with no freedom would have neither love nor suffering. There are only two possibilities.If there is a third I would like to know.

The first option is much better than the second. God can only be praised for the good; the consequences of our ability to do otherwise is freedom that God has given us to rebel against Him (the bad). The bad is on us, not Him.

And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die. - Genesis 2:16-17

God did not create us as automatons, but wants us to freely choose to love Him like He loves us.  God gave mankind and His heavenly creatures the freedom to make good and bad choices.

1. profile image52

This is to all of you who say those like me are evil or speak for satan as Graceinus called me!If people like you go to church why would I want to go?All churches teach differently.When you all become one .Maybe then I can beleive what you all say  !

2. profile image54

galaxygirl- I was not aware of what happened to you in the past. I don't go to church. The true church is within you. Pick up the bible and seek God's Kingdom. It will take time but you will find it, Nothing canchange the fact that God DOES love you,

18. ParadigmEnacted profile image76
    ParadigmEnactedposted 10 years ago

All the people who either hate or claim not to believe in God are blaming him. Their shortcomings, lack of initiative, disappointments. All humans are wired to recognize a higher order and seek a religious experience. Everybody who's turned their backs on religion are blaming God for all the negativity, and that's a lot of people. They say "why would God let this happen." Very idealistic. They refuse to be introspective and engage in dialog to better understand why things happen the way they do.

1. profile image54

Galaxygirl- It doesn't make you bad, just flat out evil.

2. profile image52

You judged someone!God knows me more than you do lady! What you said is EVIL! Evil people do not have empathy love compassion for others.I have plenty and have helped many people in my life and they think I am special and love me!Judge and be judged

19. profile image52
    galaxygirl23posted 10 years ago

All I can say is that you are waking up and thinking logically ! That is good ! God did create evil and he also set Adam and Eve up so they would fall. He made them nieve and unable to think for themselves.They were like small children in a way.
    Also God created something referred to as a paradise but would you call it paradise if you knew a demon was lurking around ? God put that demon in the garden himself ! God set them up to fail and sin...then punishes them and all of us for it !
    As one lady mentions in her comment .she says something about God causing us to sin so he can save us and get the praise for it. Does that make any sense to you a thinking person ? Isn't that arrogant of god and cruel trickery ? It is like someone taking a little child who cannot swim and throwing them into deep water so they can start to drown..then jumping in and saving them and gloating about how you are a hero for saving them...telling everyone in the world how you saved the child and recieving praise for it ! Does that make sense ? Why do Christians come up with such nonsense ! When you read all the horrible murders, genocides and evils god has done throughout the old testament to even babies ect.( breaking his own laws and morals) and then you look at this world and see babies and children starving and suffering , dying when God can feed them with just a word  ect...Ask yourself if you could still bring yourself to worship and praise a god like that ? My  personal
    opinion is this...What kind of person could worship a god like that ? It really says a lot about a persons character if you can or not ! To solve this question you have to get to the very beginning for the root cause.That beginning is with God the CREATOR of EVIL and oer of EVIL in the bible stories. If God had not set up Adam and Eve to fail...things would be different in this world ! He creates EVIL by his own words and then sends his son to die to fight against that same evil he himself created ! Would you want a father like that ?Not me ! I would only worship a good and kind God and one who helps people..not one who sits and allows children to starve and die. If God has no integrity to obey his own laws ..how can he expect us to ? Apparently satan saw some major flaws in Gods character and spoke up ! If anyone was puffed up with pride it was God who wants praise for setting us up to fail !

20. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 9 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12050651_f260.jpg

The general religious consensus is that God is considered to be completely benevolent.  Humankind has created dichotomous polarities of opposites to explore natural & supernatural circumstances, events, & situations since primordial times. There were humans who attributed a so-called benevolent deity with both positive & negative attributes.  They view the gods & other deities as human-like therefore thought it was quite normative that such gods & deities have fallings such as they have. 

However, in later religions, especially the Abrahamic religions, there was a very strict demarcation as to what was considered to be good & evil which were assigned to a specific supernatural being.  Such religions proclaim that this benevolent supernatural being was ALL encompassing good while the malevolent supernatural being was ALL encompassing evil.  These religions even rationalized the negative actions of the benevolent being as justifiable.  Such religions vehemently contend that to associate this benevolent being with evil actions is sacrilegious, even blasphemy. 

Many religionists still concur with this premise.  They contend that this benevolent deity or God is all good, no matter what He/She does.  They further explain that if this benevolent deity acts in a less than positive way, it is because it is warranted.  Now, there are others who believe since God is the creator of all, He/She created evil in all its aspects.  They further contend that God has two personas-one good & one evil.  They contend that the negativity & evil in this world has a supernatural originator & in their eyes, that is God.

21. profile image52
    Norine Williamsposted 8 years ago

Isaiah 45:7 GOD said, "I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and CREATE EVIL; I,  the LORD, do all these things."  Isaiah 46:10 GOD said, "Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I WILL DO MY PLEASURE;"  Why did GOD say these things?  For He is GOD!  Isaiah 43:13 GOD said, "Yea, before the day was, I AM he; and there is NONE that can deliver out of my hand; I will WORK, and who shall HINDER it?"  What can WE do? For HE is GOD! Evil in your eyes?  Are you looking at the "overall picture" as He is or in just your "limited" view? 

Now, for ALL of US ("mere man") who have "LIMITED" knowledge of the "OVERALL PICTURE," God may appear "evil" at times, but WE don't know "HIS WILL!"  Didn't the Scriptures say that above?  GOD is WORKING on the "overall picture," not what "mere man" thinks should be! 

From the beginning, when "mere man" (Adam and Eve) fell, GOD "knew" that he (man) would fall, and He would have to manifest Himself in the flesh, come, give us an example of how to live and also DIED so we "could" have a right to the tree of life.  Looking at the "overall picture" and because He DIED for us, why is it so much to ask that we "just do as He says" and leave His business alone?  John 21:22 

Now, many might say "He could have changed ALL of that," and yes, He could have done anything, but He is a Jealous God that wishes that you "believe" and have "faith" in Him in order to "get back to Him!"  Is that too much to ask after He "DIED" for us?  Or did He DIE in vain?

LoisRyan13903posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Excellent answer

2. profile image52
      Norine Williamsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Lois!  Why don't WE realize that HE is GOD not we ourselves?  All we can do is Follow Him! John 21:22.  To question "HIS WILL" appears borderline blasphemy to me! Romans 8:28!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)