jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

shouting I disbelieve and the bible is false is this just a cover up for failure

1. hanging out profile image56
    hanging outposted 7 years ago

shouting I disbelieve and the bible is false is this just a cover up for failure?

There are staunch disbelievers in everything christian. Indeed some go to extremes to dis both believer and belief. There is a mania over how many one liners can, within the boundaries of hubpages, be rudest to christ(like)ians. Yet underlying all this vehement behavior we discover many of these people failed. They blame some person for what they did or some church for not doing what they wanted. There are honest facts in their face but they don't respond and go to the next forum like truth never happened.
    Living a lie, blaming the wrong entity for failure? whats up with that?

2. Judah's Daughter profile image78
    Judah's Daughterposted 7 years ago

I think it boils down to those who feel like failures and are not feeling empowered to change anything they've done in the past, let alone to stop doing what they're doing now.  The Bible holds them accountable.  When someone feels conviction s/he will do one of two things ~ be broken, receive forgiveness and submit to the will of God from that point on, or rebel and take the anger they've turned inwardly out on God, blaming Him for their misery. 

To deny God is to deny accountability to God ~ a quick fix for the time being.  Kind of like an alcoholic or drug addict is all about self, numbing their pain, and blaming anything and everyone else for their misery.  It's delusional until the Truth shines upon them and is received within.  Salvation means healing, and Jesus will heal anyone who believes and receives.  They can't change themselves; only God can do that...and He will.

3. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 7 years ago

I'm not a failure.  I simply never saw religion as anything but silly made up stories.

My parents took me to church.  I at first thought this was just like my mother reading  Winnie the Pooh to me at home - just more fantasy.  Sometime later I realized that these people were serious, and honestly it scared me. I assumed they were insane or very stupid.

I now realize that the religious are not generally insane or limited  in intelligence. I think they are wired to believe and I think Julian Jaynes theory is the most likely explanation. They have a "god" in their brains.  It's nothing real, of course, but they think it is, and if they don't hurt others because of it, I have no general  quarrel with them.

Religion can be evil and it can be good.  I want to believe that the good at least balances the evil.  I could be wrong, but that is what I want to believe.

4. Setiram profile image61
    Setiramposted 7 years ago

Here's the thoughts that I always have in my soul...
    1.) “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you”
    2.) "Everything happens for a reason"
    3.) "Incapable worker always blame his tools"...

5. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

lmao. it has nothing to do with failure, the religious person is the one who failed by letting a myth guide their lives and by using god and satan to justify their mistakes and things that make no sense. if anyone is the failure it's the folks that follow some of these religions out there no matter what the religion teaches or does.

Closed to reply

working