jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What words do you associate with "Christianity?"

1. MarieKD profile image60
    MarieKDposted 7 years ago

What words do you associate with "Christianity?"

Furthermore, what do you think about the Christians you know?

2. Earl S. Wynn profile image86
    Earl S. Wynnposted 7 years ago

I've met good Christians and I've met bad Christians. They're like any other group of people that way, pagans or atheists or black people or white people. I've had a lot of bad experiences with Christians and a lot of good experiences. To associate any word with the religion or the people within it would ultimately either give the bad people too much credit or the good ones too little.

3. Rattigan profile image69
    Rattiganposted 7 years ago

Christianity, like most things, is a massive mixture of good and bad. The good words I associate with Christianity include love, grace, redemption and mercy. The bad words--perhaps predictably--would include hypocrisy, intolerance, bigotry and arrogance.

4. dabeaner profile image57
    dabeanerposted 7 years ago

primitive, superstition, savages, hypocrisy, stupidity, gullible, sheep, irrational ....

5. C.V.Rajan profile image79
    C.V.Rajanposted 7 years ago

The Bible, Missionary zeal, conversion, sin, obsession with prophesies, Jesus Christ, son of God, compassion, social service, doing good to others in general, doing good to others with religious conversion as motive, inadequate understanding of Bible, slandering Bible by non-believing Christians, eulogizing every word of Bible by believing Christians, "Christianity is the only way", "non believers are doomed", "All other religions will fail you".....

6. Mark Upshaw profile image59
    Mark Upshawposted 7 years ago

Judgemental, Hateful, Selfish, Liars, Naive, Tax Cheats, Charlatans, the list goes on.

I am only speaking from personal knowledge of the leadership of various churches. 

However, on the other hand, Loving, Generous, Giving, Honest, Sincere, usually the parishioners that hold no responsibilities in the church. 

Sounds like the wolves attracting and feeding of the sheep,.