jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Why you do feel that God needs to put us through tests when he already who we ar

1. Thesource profile image78
    Thesourceposted 7 years ago

Why you do feel that God needs to put us through tests when he already who we are?

There are many out there who feels God permits temptations.
    Normally scientist and others perform tests to find out the truth.
    Does God not know who we are?

2. rafken profile image80
    rafkenposted 7 years ago

Is it him that puts us through tests. I think it is more that we get ourselves into a situation, then say, why me Lord. A temptation is merely that, a temptation. God gave us the ability to choose, accept the temptation, in which case you have nothing to complain about or don't accept, in which case you may have something to complain about, but don't, because your faith told you, you did the right thing.

3. Earl S. Wynn profile image84
    Earl S. Wynnposted 7 years ago

I think it's not so much that any one god is interested so much in who we are now, but rather who we will ultimately become. We are the clay molded by the hand of the divine, and sometimes the tools are sharp.

4. Jason2917 profile image61
    Jason2917posted 7 years ago

God absolutely knows who we are.

"To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David. O LORD, you have searched me and known me! You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from afar. You search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways. Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O LORD, you know it altogether." (Psalms 139:1-4)

In one instance, Moses gave an explanation of why God was testing Israel: "Moses said to the people, "Do not fear, for God has come to test you, that the fear of him may be before you, that you may not sin" (Exodus 20:20).

Another time it is said, "...the LORD your God is testing you, to know whether you love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul." (Deuteronomy 13:3)

It almost sounds as if God is trying to "find out the truth" but since we already know God is omniscient, that is obviously not true. Perhaps, at times, He wants US to see what's truly in our hearts.

5. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

what tests. i've never been tested by god but i have been tested by education.

6. LeslieAdrienne profile image77
    LeslieAdrienneposted 7 years ago

Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil neither tempteth he any man: But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust and enticed..... James 1-13-14

God tries our faith but does not tempt us. The original words used in association with Gods trials are often written as temptations.

In the book of James versus 1-12 talk about the trial of our of our faith while versus 13-15 talk about temptations from the flesh.

God tries our faith so that we can find out about ourselves. Some of us are stronger than we think and some of us are weaker than we can imagine. With the trial of our faith we find out what we need to work on.

Jesus was tempted by the devil in the wilderness, but He was given a way of escape...

7. profile image0
    jasper420posted 7 years ago

read james 1:13 god dose not put us through trails or tests he is not in any way resposable for our suffering