jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (17 posts)

I've heard that Mormons believe Jesus is from space. Is that true?

1. Earl S. Wynn profile image84
    Earl S. Wynnposted 7 years ago

I've heard that Mormons believe Jesus is from space. Is that true?

2. nell79 profile image80
    nell79posted 7 years ago

Hahaha! Well, that's one I've never heard before. And no, Mormons do not believe that Jesus is from space. They believe that Jesus is the son of God and was sent here to die for all of our sins--much as other faiths believe.

If you want to do your own research on Mormon beliefs, check out www.mormon.org. Then you won't have to get your information second hand.

3. coolsvill profile image57
    coolsvillposted 7 years ago

no he was born like a regelaur person he was born by his mother marry

4. matterofthought profile image56
    matterofthoughtposted 7 years ago

I wrote a hub just the other day called "Does the Holy Bible say,"Heaven is in outer space"?"  I believe it will answer this question once and for all.

5. profile image0
    Lweinbergposted 7 years ago

I'm fairly certain Mormonism does not claim Jesus was from outer space. You would have to find some really radical or fundamentalist group to believe that. Granted, there are a bunch of religions and even sects of major religions that believe things of that sort. Google Raelian....and you will see what I'm talking about (though I don't think they claim Jesus is from space...he'd be the only one they didn't think came from there lol)

6. Yeast Cure Now profile image61
    Yeast Cure Nowposted 7 years ago

Please I mean no disrespect, but I do believe at one time I heard that the Mormons believed that satan and Jesus were brothers, and naturally Jesus was on the good tract while satan was not.
    I hope that I haven't offended anyone, but if I did please forgive me.

What do you believe?

1. AndriaKelley profile image60
      AndriaKelleyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes that is the Mormon belief. No offense was taken, thank you though! If you have any other questions though, answers can be found on LDS.org or Mormon.org They are amazing, Mormon run sites to answer any questions you may have(:

2. Lady Guinevere profile image60
      Lady Guinevereposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You can also find out lots more here:  http://www.bibleufo.com/

7. arilestariono profile image49
    arilestarionoposted 7 years ago

I don't think so.Jesus came to earth as a Prophet to revelates humanity from misalligenment of Faith in God, the Almight Whom ha the Universe

8. Wayne Brown profile image84
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

Absolutely not...I am not of the faith but I have had a couple of people who I supervised for years who were and I have done some reading in the book of Mormon as well.  With regard to God, the faith is rather normal from what I can see. The way it differs is in the historical aspect of the religion, what they believe, and how they treat their look toward the future.  I have yet to find any reference to space! LOL! WB

9. CarolineChicago profile image83
    CarolineChicagoposted 7 years ago

No, Mormons do not believe that Jesus is from outer space. Their modern views of Christianity are very much like all other mainstream Protestant religions, except that they believe that their founder was a prophet.

Looking for outer space in a religion? That would be L Ron Hubbard and his Scientology, which is much like the sci-fi / fantasy that he used to write.

10. Anne's Articles profile image60
    Anne's Articlesposted 7 years ago

no, it is not true. He resides in heaven with his father,Jehovah God.

11. Anilvk profile image39
    Anilvkposted 7 years ago

Jesus is God. God is from eternity where in the beginning there was God. He is from God as well.

12. darrenhooper profile image56
    darrenhooperposted 7 years ago

I think you might be thinking of Scientologists (sp?) I think they believe their "guy" came from outter space.

13. RapidJunction profile image55
    RapidJunctionposted 7 years ago

I guess not. I have heard they believe in him as a prophet not a God. They have entirely different view of trinity too. Don't know about space stuff.
    cheers
    xtremeviral.com

14. William Devault profile image55
    William Devaultposted 7 years ago

Um......no. They may have some odd beliefs but that is not one of them.

15. Rodric29 profile image78
    Rodric29posted 6 years ago

I happen to be a Mormon and I can assure you that Jesus Christ was born to Mary, grew to maturity on this Earth. He died and was resurrected on this Earth. If you want to know what we believe go to LDS.org or Mormon.org. You could also ask one of us. I am sure there maybe one some where in your neighborhood.

http://www.lds.org/study/living-christ?lang=eng

working