jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (14 posts)

who was adams first wife .

1. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

who was adams first wife .

it wasn't eve but someone else.

2. clark farley profile image75
    clark farleyposted 7 years ago

Lilith I believe Lilth was his first wife, then he caught her...

3. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 7 years ago

No comment.

4. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 7 years ago

I do not know and I am open to new knowledge about this for myself. Thank you.

5. ajuvr profile image67
    ajuvrposted 7 years ago

surely it was the test wife , the first ever to promote ex appeal

6. John B Badd profile image60
    John B Baddposted 7 years ago

According to some it was Lilith, who was eventually exiled from Eden.

7. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

nice to see some people have this knowledge. yes it was lilith . she was called by some the first truly liberated woman. she refused to be docile and was concidered to be an abomination by the church. some believe she was the mother of satan. another awesome story from religious texts. i find these tales interesting and intriguing.

8. EmpressImani profile image60
    EmpressImaniposted 7 years ago

According to some sources it was Lilith who was made in the same way as Adam

9. home witch profile image82
    home witchposted 7 years ago

Accordingly to Babylonian mythology, from whence the story of the Garden of Eden and the creation of man comes into the Bible, it was Lilith.

10. profile image62
    foreignpressposted 7 years ago

Lilith is generally regarded as a "heroine" in wives' tales from ancient Jewish folklore. The resulting Lilith legend is still commonly used in modern Western literature; usually in works of occultism, fantasy and horror. Eve is the accepted standard in Christianity. Those who proclaim with absolute finality that Lilith was Adam's first wife are foolish. Unless one was actually there nobody knows for sure.

11. ptosis profile image81
    ptosisposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4255740_f260.jpg

Lilith is considered the first jewish bitch: Remember Kramer's wife in the TV show "Cheers"? And there is a magazine for Jewish feminists called "Lilith"

Adama was made male/female - back to back which G-d split in half while Adam was awake. It was told that this grossed out the male half. Adam & Lilith argued about who was going to be on top during sex. Adam said, " I should be on top for I am made from the mud of Earth - while you were made of slime"

Enraged, Lilith went away and bore over a thousand children a day with demons outside Eden. Adam said, "Lord, the woman that you gave me has gone away." The Lord says - er - OK, I'll make you one that  is more Subservient  and put Adam in a deep sleep and made Eve from Adam's rib.

Later when the Snake said "Eat the apple", Adam's Eve who was a female made to do as she told - ate it. If Adam was't such a pathetic wuss who could handle a strong willed woman then perhaps the human race would have never been banished at all from Eden?

Lilith kills newborns during the first 7 days before circumcision.  Clay bowls with spirals were used as a safety shield against Lilith. Modern  urban myth says that these ancient spiral bowls can play just like a phonograph record....

For more info goto the  medieval Jewish midrash which tries to explain contradicitons in the first five books of Moses - the only real bible.

12. Dave Mathews profile image61
    Dave Mathewsposted 7 years ago

If you are talking about Adam in the Bible, his first wife was EVE of course. If you are not, then who knows?

13. profile image54
    fallsfellaposted 7 years ago

You need to go back and read the Book of Genesis again, Eve was the only wife Adam had.  If someone is telling you somehting different they are full of hooey...............................

14. kess profile image61
    kessposted 7 years ago

The true wife of Adam is the one that came from Him and would return unto Him.

working