jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What do you believe and why?

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image81
    schoolgirlforrealposted 7 years ago

What do you believe and why?

2. Kimberly Bunch profile image61
    Kimberly Bunchposted 7 years ago

I believe that even though I am writing my autobiography of my life on hubpages and have been doing so for over a year.  Taking a chance. That has produced "300 plus pages" and recently has resulted in my scores falling to near zero because the manuscript is in the making for sooo long instead of individual articles.

I believe that with the loyal help of my fans that believe in my work and take into consideration that I am writing my life story and it is a manuscript that they will take that into consideration and my score will rise up again because they will remember to Rate My Work.

I am an excellent writer and I deserve for my score to be high again. So I believe it will!

I am almost finished with my manuscript and I believe it will do excellent on the market.

I believe you all will help me by Rating Up on my writing because it is good writing.

smile God is good!

3. zzron profile image56
    zzronposted 7 years ago

I believe it's colder than Cooter Brown in the North East, because I've been up here for over a month!

4. Jaymeyaroch profile image60
    Jaymeyarochposted 7 years ago

Belief indicates an understanding of the options.  When you believe in one thing, do you truly understand what you are eliminating from your realm of possibility?

For an example, you can choose to believe that the Earth is round, or that it is not.  You can believe that water is not wet and that birds do not fly.  You can believe anything you wish.

If you chose to believe that water was not wet, you would have to redefine what it means to be wet, and then give a name to what water is when you touch it, and what happens to you when you are removed from it.  It does not change the process of water molecules clinging to you and being cohesive with each other (water is sticky, you might say.)  You simply believe that it is something else.  Magic, perhaps.

Or you could believe that a god adheres small amounts of water to you, making you believe that you are wet when in fact you are not.

In order to understand that what you believe is referred to as wet, as being when water adheres to you and the objects around you and permeates to a certain degree the fabrics and pores, you dismiss the possibility that it is magic or any other explanation.

The same goes for everything else.  We create our beliefs based upon what others believe, and together we create a system upon which society and interactions are built.

I believe that in general most people will argue with me, many of them ignoring the more salient points.

5. mandyf profile image66
    mandyfposted 7 years ago

I believe that there is truth in crazy chatter a higher knowledge possibly. I believe that in every person there is a spark of good, I believe that no one is to be judged lest you stand and be judged in return, I believe in every bad, horryfying experience there is some good to come of it and /or  a lesson learned I believe that everyone makes mistakes regardless how christian or religious they are. I believe in thinking positive and that it is good to have a pity party once in a while. I believe it is everyones right to believe in what they want without critisism. and that we all come from the same earth and retire there together when our souls weary and tire

6. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 7 years ago

I believe in things that can be verified through experiment or direct observation.

I may hope for other things to be true, I may even assume that they are true in spite of some evidence to the contrary, but I only believe in verifiable facts.

7. Claudin_Dayo profile image60
    Claudin_Dayoposted 7 years ago

I believe that everything has it's own purpose and that before a heartache can touch our lives, it has to be approved by Jesus first smile.. . We'll it's just that things are sometimes confused themselves that'll infect you but in the end of the day, everything happens truly for a purpose, nothing is purposeless in this world and life of ours ^^

8. schoolgirlforreal profile image81
    schoolgirlforrealposted 7 years ago

Wow...! Jaymeyaroch you sure had negative attitude on both questions you answered and no, I wasn't trying to prove anything. Sheesh!!

Um, I suppose this question could relate to anything as to the results here. I just asked out of the blue smile
    I also wanted to increase my # of questions...hmmm

I believe in being a good person, no matter whether you are religious or not.
    I believe that religion and govt can limit people in their own descisions, so I say be independent of them and make your own descisions w/ morals and positivity.
    Be kind to others
    I believe many are hypocrites, like people that go to church weekly or even daily and gossip and are mean people--the bible says if you hate your brohter you have no life in you.
    Non believers can be bad people too.
    It's about who you choose to be and possibly effected by how you were brought up.
    Having rules to follow or guidelines is good.
    Thinking for yourself is the most free you can be.

9. libby101a profile image61
    libby101aposted 7 years ago

I believe every individual has the right to believe anything he sees as truth in his own eyes. I believe there is a higher power, God. I also have an open mind and believe some things are real and true in spite of evidence. My major was science, therefore I believe science is beautiful--and I believe science and God can both be believed in! I have written a few hubs on the old earth.

Closed to reply