jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Hi, how can I improve my own psychic abilities and get over this underlying fear

1. Steph0596 profile image76
    Steph0596posted 7 years ago

Hi, how can I improve my own psychic abilities and get over this underlying fear that I have?

Do you have any suggestions? I would really appreciate it. There has been some improvement from time to time but I become fearful and then it is gone.

2. 4elements profile image76
    4elementsposted 7 years ago

To improve all you need to do is meditate and come to an understanding between you and your ability. The fear part, you must first figure out what you fear and then try and understand it, and then let it go. Now while these words make it seem like its easy, I don't mean too. But it wil lget easier with understanding and practice.

3. drbillfannin profile image61
    drbillfanninposted 7 years ago

Fear of what? Being wrong? No psychic gets everything right, and few can even claim 50% right. Confront your fear first. You must release fear regardless of what it is. Then mediate on improving your psychic skills. By the way, you can't concentrate to get better, you must be "open" and "receptive" to the messages. You have very little control of what you get. Just consider a topic or situation and be open to information. Record whatever comes to mind no matter how crazy. You may find that some seeming dumb messages actually make sense later.

4. Sri T profile image79
    Sri Tposted 7 years ago

There is nothing to improve. Just believe you have them and you will. Some people use mantras, meditation or hypnosis. Ultimately, when you enter a trance state, they are there. When you go to sleep at night you can command your spirit to go anywhere. There are many powers within you. It all depends on what you want to do. These are Spiritual powers. They are also a way of using thoughts. There is nothing to fear.

5. Steph0596 profile image76
    Steph0596posted 7 years ago

I guess it is the fear of the unknown or fear of doing something wrong. I was brought up in a religious setting that discouraged any personal or abstract ideas and viewed any kind of meditation or even psychic abilities as being demonic and bad. This is where my fear lies.

6. Sarah Shepherd profile image60
    Sarah Shepherdposted 6 years ago

Some days I am more psychic than others.. as we all inherently are.  I don't know why some days ARE better, I just know that for some reason the Universe wants to let me, and I'm okay with that; and I'm okay with it being the other way around, also.  Just try to sit back, take it in and don't fear a gift I believe has been given to us all, only very few of us "know" how to tap into it.

7. Heather Huffman profile image51
    Heather Huffmanposted 6 years ago

I have been  a psychic for about three years and unfortunaly I still have fear here and there but as it develops I get more comfortable and I have my spirit guide that helps calm me . I love being a psychic my main problem is when people cut me down and tell me I dont love god for using my gift it really gets to me becuase I love god and I know god loves me so I guess what I am trying to say is just relax and evenually it will come and youll be lilke wow few years ago I was alot more scared and feared more then I do now.. and the more it deveopls the more you get to help people its truly wonderful.