jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Why we are not persistant when we take a decision and plan to stay on it at any

1. toysofclay profile image58
    toysofclayposted 7 years ago

Why we are not persistant when we take a decision and plan to stay on it at any cost?

I planned most of the time to the decison I made but I do not stay locked to it. As soon as I feel that I am alright and it is chance to break it I do so. Therefore please share with that does it happen to you, too or I am the only one who is going on this broken direction?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4273481_f260.jpg

2. angela kekahu profile image61
    angela kekahuposted 7 years ago

Due to our weaknesses I suppose. Flesh fighting the mind.lol

3. msorensson profile image72
    msorenssonposted 7 years ago

Because we are equipped with the ability to reason and if we are truly honest and in tune we would see that pursuing the path initially chosen would not have been good for us.

4. lindylou2 profile image60
    lindylou2posted 7 years ago

You are not alone.  Most humans are just that human.  We make our promises/decisions, but when the going gets better; we break them. 

There can be many reason but it comes down to the fact that we as humans, forget.  Yes, we forget on purpose as it might become difficult to keep our commitment because we are not as strong in our self discipline as we should be.  Self control is hard for some.  Let me use something here:  Let's say a person has a weakness.  They are not a bad person but like most of us, we have a weakness.  Sometimes these weaknesses can bring us a lot of pain and destruction.  We get in mess that needs to be fixed.  We cry woe is me and somehow we get the help we needed from God, another person or life things and we carry on and we can breathe again.  Down the road a block or two; we are tempted with this same weakness or vice (whichever) and we do not have the strength to stay away from what has caused us the pain and horror.  Our Self discipline, Self Control or being able to just say no to a friend or foe or whatever the weakness is; has just been shot out the window.  Here we go again and if we do it enough we can wind up loosing a lot, which might never be regained without a lot of work and sacrifices.

When we make decision to change our life for the better; it is seemingly natural to fall back every now and then but one has to have the right lesson; to not fall off the bandwagon.  Once you experience the right lesson; you will be wiser and it will be easier to stay on the decision to do whatever it was...or not do it again.  We all need more self control and self discipline, having someone to help you with these qualities might be the answer.  Meaning a Life Coach.  Sometimes there may be  reason that you might not be able to see yourself; as you are asking this question.  Another persion might be able to help you pinpoint why you do this.  Personal growth is a part of life whether we do it with self help or from someone else.

At least you can say what you are missing; that is a first step.  Most people do not recognize or care...they just keep on trucking and then they hit a big pothole.

5. m920621m profile image78
    m920621mposted 7 years ago

Because we're not comfortable doing it. If we're not feeling comfortable, we search for every reason to avoid it. One thing I do in such cases is being angry at myself. I tell myself: Hey Mindaugas, if you're not starting this right this second, you'll be such a chicken !
    And this works for me well. I become angry at myself and I start doing it right away.

6. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 7 years ago

It happens to all of us for whatever reason, you have to know why you're not following through with your decisions and work on that.  You may not fix it in a day or a week, but that's up to you as well as how important whatever you have put your foot down about.  Life can be stressful especially when there are small monkey wrenches that come into play but the key is completion.  That's all that really matters.  Start and Complete......period!

7. graveyard-rose profile image81
    graveyard-roseposted 7 years ago

I was like that. As are many people. I was living in a bad situation. A bad city with my daughter that I was raising by myself. No help from father or state. Its not like I had money. I worked for a fast food restaraunt. You do the math. lol On top of that there was so much other things that was telling me that life is just rotten and for my daughter too. I made a life decision in 2 seconds flat. I got ahold of an old friend. We hadnt talked in 14 years. She said that the door was open if I wanted to move back to my home town that I hadnt visited in 14 years. Hmmm... Logically there should be planning and every little detail in place. But I knew that I had to get out and get out NOW. I left. Up rooted my daughter and myself and left. We moved to my home country town. Best thing that I did. I am not a spare of the moment person, I hate doing things on that magnitude and not planning. To me its suicide! But, I guess when things are bad enough to make a decision with out thinking of it, that means that there really isnt anything to think about anymore and the decision is inevitable. I think that people go back on decision because they had to many doubts to be comfortable. You have to throw those doubts out the window and live happy. If you made the decision in the first place, evidently you had to make a choice and face it, the first decision is always the right one whether the outcome did not go as planned. Means that you were in a situation that you were in that you should not have been. Your out of it now. Cheer up, move on, and be happy that it is over!

working