jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What Is The Best And The Worst Thing Happened To You In 2010?

1. saifhayel profile image80
    saifhayelposted 7 years ago

What Is The Best And The Worst
    Thing Happened To You In 2010?

2. Enlydia Listener profile image61
    Enlydia Listenerposted 7 years ago

I can't think of any worst thing that has happened, but the best thing is that my husband and I went back to school full time.

3. Mikeydoes profile image76
    Mikeydoesposted 7 years ago

I've drank a lot of Pepsi.

Serious answer btw.

4. Ashantina profile image60
    Ashantinaposted 7 years ago

Best thing.. met the best lover, to date
    Worst thing.. N/A

5. 1person profile image60
    1personposted 7 years ago

I think the worst was that I had MRSA 4 times. That or the fall out with my (now) ex-therapist. :-(  As silly as it may sound, each had its own traumatic impact.

Best? I took up backpacking. Yay! I'm 51 and am finally healthy enough to backpack. (I got a new hip in 2008, so that helped too!)

My first trip out was 71 miles on the USA's Appalachian Trail.. Of that trip, my son accompanied me on the first 30 miles to teach me the ropes. The final 41 miles, I did solo. I took two other trips during the summer.  I have a goal to (at least) section hike the entire 2176 miles of the AT before I go the way of the John Prine song..."Please don't bury me down in that cold, cold ground..."

2010 - done been
    2011 - 04 plus 7

6. thelast5 profile image60
    thelast5posted 7 years ago

Best - lose enough weight to have solid abs
    Worst - ex broke up with me

7. Scott_Grigg profile image40
    Scott_Griggposted 7 years ago

Great question. They are one and the same. I lost my job in 2010, which was the worst thing that happened. It was also the best thing because it introduced me to a whole group of entrepreneurs that has taught me how to make money online and that I do not have to have a 9-5 job that I commute to each day.

8. awoodog profile image57
    awoodogposted 7 years ago

The best and the worst things that happened to me, came from the same thing. The worst thing to happen to me is my wife leaving me. This however triggered my need to look at my life and see the changes I need to make. I have dealt with depression, grown up with an inferiority complex and have trouble communicating and letting my feelings be known.
    So there was a blessing wrapped in a curse. I do hope that 2011 will bring my world back in line. I truly love my wife, I have made huge strides in changing myself. My journey of self discovery and repair just wont feel complete without her. I do however know that what is meant to be will be. I will pray for that second chance.

9. Valeed profile image81
    Valeedposted 7 years ago

I fell in love with a girl in 2010 and this is the best and the worst thing that could have ever happened to me. wink
    It will always remain a memorable year for me as I lost my love (break up) but found a new one now. lol

10. Dawn Tate profile image60
    Dawn Tateposted 7 years ago

Best thing was my husband and I got a job.  Worst thing was we got a job.

Don't scream at me yet. 

Best because we needed the money to pay off our bills (which we did thanks to overtime).

Worst because we took any job and ended up both of us on a midnight schedule that changed every time a contractor left the job.  This meant that we were working sometimes, 11-12 days straight on 10-hour shifts with no days off.  We slept through 2010 and didn't enjoy the house, our surroundings and our friends and family.