jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is the best prayer to teach a kid?

1. elvit profile image55
    elvitposted 7 years ago

What is the best prayer to teach a kid?

2. profile image0
    SirDentposted 7 years ago

In the words of Jesus Himself,  "After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.  Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.  Give us this day our daily bread.   And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.   And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

My son learned this prayer at the age of three years old.

3. Dave Mathews profile image61
    Dave Mathewsposted 7 years ago

Sir Dent answered it best. This is a prayer Jesus taught to his diciples and the crowd of 5,000 on the hillside in what is called the sermon on the mount.

4. Donna Janelle profile image72
    Donna Janelleposted 7 years ago

Personally, I wouldn't teach my kids any specific prayer to say, but teach them to pray from their hearts.

5. thequast profile image71
    thequastposted 7 years ago

I think the best prayer to teach children is thankfulness.  We teach our kids to thank God for their food, for their toys, and for their personal relationships.  We are trying to establish that everything that we have is from God.

The reason we are doing this is because for a child, eventually they will need to believe in Jesus as their Savior.  By teaching them thankfulness we are accomplishing the goal of teaching them that God is the giver.  We are the recipients.  This will be a truth that will come full circle in salvation.  The fact that they can't save themselves, but God gave us His Son to pay the penalty of our sin for us.

working