jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

If you could re-do/re-live one year of your life . . .

1. Truckstop Sally profile image60
    Truckstop Sallyposted 7 years ago

If you could re-do/re-live one year of your life . . .

What year? Why? What would you do differently?

2. mypleasurefantasy profile image88
    mypleasurefantasyposted 7 years ago

if i could relive my life for one year--I would have met my husband earlier than I did--

3. Wayne Brown profile image83
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

I think it would be the year before my dad was hit with strokes and lost most of his dignity and began a slow deline.  In that year, I would take more time to fish with him...just he and I sitting quietly in his boat waiting for a bite.  I would play music with him much more...his first love and natural talent. He played fiddle so well in his later years.  And we would just sit in the backyard sometimes and talk about whatever came to mind. I'd do more of that and try to learn more of him.  I had a great relationship with my dad but anything can be improved with a few little tweaks.  WB

4. naijainvestor profile image61
    naijainvestorposted 7 years ago

change my attitude towards making money, i would love my mother better and show some love to those around me showing me love, and most importantly I would not look down at those not at my social status.

5. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

So many choices...

I would re-live 1974 and not have sold my house.

6. Tusitala Tom profile image62
    Tusitala Tomposted 7 years ago

I spent a year on the sub-Antarctic Island of MacQuarie from October 1976 until October 1977.   I feel I made a lot of my fellow expeditioners miserable by my constant mentioning of how I wanted the time to fly so I could come home.  Other were to join me in this.   Were I to have that year again, and knowing what I know now, I'd have involved myself more in creating a happier environment, instead of spreading so much discontent.

7. Klena profile image66
    Klenaposted 7 years ago

I actually don't think I'd re-do any one year of my life because where would I be if I didn't make those mistakes? Even if I didn't make one of those minor mistakes, my entire life could be different so why mess with it?

Probably the last year of my life. I'd have gone home to visit my granny before she died unexpectedly. I'd have thought a little more about my after university life. And I'd have appreciated the joys of university a little more