jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

What gets you up in the morning?

1. jsh_golden profile image57
    jsh_goldenposted 7 years ago

What gets you up in the morning?

No, not literally, but what gets you going/motivated? And Why?

2. msorensson profile image71
    msorenssonposted 7 years ago

So interesting, that question. Actually I do not know the answer other than I have to let the dogs out in the morning. They are so gracious, they would never make a mess inside the house so I do have to let them out as a courtesy...
    Now to the general question...
    Desire is what keeps one going. Usually, one desires something...a goal,  a task to be accomplished...something that would mean something to them....

3. QudsiaP1 profile image60
    QudsiaP1posted 7 years ago

Usually someone yelling, "Get up!! What don't you want to go to work today?!" tongue

4. Claudin_Dayo profile image60
    Claudin_Dayoposted 7 years ago

I guess it's the 'fun' of living another day of my life again.. . the lessons and assignments in school, the moments I could make with my family and I think the sense of living life to the fullest and making dreams come true and the only way to do so is: jump out of bed smile

5. japtaker profile image89
    japtakerposted 7 years ago

As of late, that would be "the opportunity to get back on HubPages and start writing some more." Guess that fits in with msorensson's answer, "desire". Good question.

6. naijainvestor profile image59
    naijainvestorposted 7 years ago

the fact that there's money to be made...

7. tenordj profile image77
    tenordjposted 7 years ago

My wife and my family, they keep me going every day. I wake up every day with a desire to spend time with them.

8. Dave Mathews profile image59
    Dave Mathewsposted 7 years ago

A chat with God, a cigarette and a coffee in that order gets me going every day.

9. Just Ask Susan profile image90
    Just Ask Susanposted 7 years ago

Having to get everyone else up in the household to go to work and school motivates me to get up and letting the dogs out. For myself...I am an early riser and enjoy the early hours. I find it is the best part of the day to think and decide what I will write about that day.

10. Ashantina profile image60
    Ashantinaposted 7 years ago

My goals.. my dreams.. hope.. love.. life.. God..
    And youtube lol!

11. Iontach profile image83
    Iontachposted 7 years ago

Absolutely nothing...I have the weirdest sleeping pattern, I go to sleep at 7:30 and get up at 4:00...I'm basically nocturnal.

Lost my job ages ago and now that college is finished I'm finding it hard to have a normal sleeping pattern.

The only thing that gets me up earlier is when I have a job interview.

12. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

Usually I have to pee and my knees are killing me and waiting for some painkillers.

Then I realize I'm still alive and decide what the project will be to keep me going for the day.

I don't have to be anywhere and there's nothing I have to do.