jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

If you knew you were going to fail, what would you go ahead and try and do anywa

1. claptona profile image83
    claptonaposted 7 years ago

If you knew you were going to fail, what would you go ahead and try and do anyways?

2. Stump Parrish profile image60
    Stump Parrishposted 7 years ago

Our minds are capable of convincing us of almost anything. I think it's worth the effort to see if your lying to yourself.

3. Right On Time profile image62
    Right On Timeposted 7 years ago

Trying NEVER equals failing - you're always learning and a lesson learnt is not a failure. Failure is not trying at all. Yeah I'd go for it!

4. Lady Wordsmith profile image81
    Lady Wordsmithposted 7 years ago

I can't see how there would be any real way of KNOWING that I was going to fail.  Depends on what we might be talking about here, but I would say, personally, I would always try anyway.  Success is personal, and what I might call success, someone else might call failure.  I don't think any experience can really be deemed a failure if I've been able to learn something from it.

5. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

Seems to me that is a pretty regular challenge to many.

Happens all the time in games of "chicken".  Sometimes it's important just to prove you aren't afraid to try something... even though you know you may not be able to do whatever.

My gut feeling is people admire people just for trying.

Leadership is about stepping out so I would be game.  I wasn't built to follow.

6. Taleb80 profile image82
    Taleb80posted 7 years ago

You never fail until you stop trying. Albert Einstein
    "Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still." - Chinese Proverb

7. Beege215e profile image67
    Beege215eposted 7 years ago

believing that you are going to fail can cause one of two reactions. Either you give up and don't try, or you become more determined not to fail.  If you give up you will never know what the results may be if you had tried.  And if you tried and then failed, you at least have the satisfaction of trying. I you try and succeed there are two pats on the back waiting for you at the end.  I will always try, no question at all about that.

8. ptosis profile image76
    ptosisposted 7 years ago

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?"... Albert Einstein

9. shahadat73 profile image34
    shahadat73posted 7 years ago

failure is the pillar of success.  i will prepare myself to be failed again and again. coz i want to learn by process.. easy comes always go easily!!