jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

In God's word we are told to test the sprits. What does this mean to you and how

1. memoreton profile image55
    memoretonposted 7 years ago

In God's word we are told to test the sprits. What does this mean to you and how do you go about...

doing this? I generally check if they can say Jesus is Lord, see what their answer is when I ask them how did they become a christian, check what they say ties in with Gods word and wait it see whay fruit they produce. Should I be doing more?

2. FaithDream profile image80
    FaithDreamposted 7 years ago

I believe its about discernment. Testing the spirits against God's word, for only His Word is Truth. In order to do this, we must Know His Word. Of course, we should pray as well.

3. Lady Guinevere profile image61
    Lady Guinevereposted 7 years ago

If we do as Jesus says then we should all be just fine.  He said that the Kingdom is WITHIN us all and that all the laws are there as well.  He sia that if we have faith *in ourselves* that we can move mountains.  He was the one that told us to seek truth and to believe (in ourselves) and it shall come to us.  Anyone who says that god is outside of ourselves and that we must go to church to get anything that is already within us is not going my the teachings of Jesus.  Jesus didn't like the church in his day and that is why he put the laws in the minds and hearts of us all.  If we do not have faith in ourselves there there is nothing and we will have nothing.  It is also said right in the bible that not all of the teachings of Jesus are in the bible because they wouldn't fit in one book.  Anyone who says different is not going by Jesus's teachings.  We are to follow Jesus, not a man or a preacher or the church, but Jesus and he only has 4 books attributed to him in the bible.  He has other books not included in that bible.  Jesus is in our hearts and nowhere else.  He has some great thigs to say if we just listen.

4. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 7 years ago

First and foremost you must have an personal relationship of knowing and walking with GOD moment by moment. I do have this kind of relationship with GOD through my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. GOD is the one who drew me to himself and given me this knowing and walking with him moment by moment. GOD also threw in a bonus for me on August 1, 1982 A.D. a Sunday morning with giving me a vision of the other side of death. It is glorious. I am an opened book and you can check me out  through all of my answers to the questions I answered and I will pass with flying colors to the glory of GOD. You may not like the answers that I have given but the answers are from the messages GOD want me to say for all of humanity benefits. GOD and I are one and I know and walk with GOD moment by moment.

5. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

Why do you willingly submit yourself to an unseen dictator?

Why do you believe in a book written by unknown people years after the death of Jesus?

Why do you submit yourself to superstition?

6. Tony L Smith profile image51
    Tony L Smithposted 7 years ago

You know there is also that scripture about any spirit that says that Christ didn't come in the flesh is an antichrist spirit.
    It not olny means that Jesus Christ lived in the flesh, but also that the Christ has come to live in you. Any spirit that denies the annointing of power and change is an antichrist spirit.